Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Times Article Today

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Very good read. amusing about the Spanish experience, but great about what the club brings to the world - why I am proud to support it, alongside the football of course.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Today's dilemma is...do I buy Times or Telegraph? Actually both, as the biggest selling QUALITY papers BOTH have features on us. Te he! We are the media's darling and rightly so. Marvellous scenes as you say.

I've already started to discuss with myself how many different Sunday papers I'm going to buy this coming Sunday just to read all the reports ( and them keep them safe for my grandchildren ).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I didn't realise until Sunday, that my friend's nephew was one of the Beachball Four. I was given a beachball myself, which I shall produce at an away game some time in the future.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've already started to discuss with myself how many different Sunday papers I'm going to buy this coming Sunday just to read all the reports ( and them keep them safe for my grandchildren ).

It's great isn't it?! Between 1999 and 2017 you'd have filled perhaps 10 pages in yer Albion scrapbook. In the past week alone double that in National Coverage!! At this rate newspaper editors are going to be scratching their heads at the reversal in sales trends. It's Albion fans buying 8 newspapers a day!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Me and [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] have both been told off and been told it's 'poor form' to post Times articles on NSC like I did with The Knockaert piece back in the winter. Naughty.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Other fans must be getting absolutely sick to DEATH of hearing about BHAFC and our "story". Seems like the entire media have been all over us like a tramp on chips as the big kickoff approaches, I've never known such a level of coverage.

Marvellous.
You don't remember 1979 then? That was pretty massive at the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You don't remember 1979 then? That was pretty massive at the time.

Nope, I don't tbh. I was 7 or 8 and not really into football back then.

But the amount of media coverage and hype these days is far and away beyond anything we had in the 70's, 80's and 90's. I'm not saying it was any less exciting for us fans, but the sheer amount of coverage these days across so many platforms, and across the globe, is huge now.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Reading that brought a tear to a middle aged man's eye and reminded him why he is proud to be a fan of The Albion. Come on you Seagulls!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope, I don't tbh. I was 7 or 8 and not really into football back then.
Fair enough.

But the amount of media coverage and hype these days is far and away beyond anything we had in the 70's, 80's and 90's. I'm not saying it was any less exciting for us fans, but the sheer amount of coverage these days across so many platforms, and across the globe, is huge now.
Granted there is more media around these days, but in terms of the percentage of the available media cover that there was back then, 1979 was pretty spectacular to an Albion fan who for twenty years had regarded the occasional sortie into the old second division as the pinnacle of all ambition!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here