Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX expansion - there must be a plan hidden away somewhere......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
I know we have this discussion a million times but I still think AMEX expansion is inevitable.

6,000 on the season ticket waiting list and growing, premier league club fans jumping on the bandwagon for tickets, newbies all over the place. If we stick in the top league could we not sell 40-45,000 for the big games?

I know all the discussions about why it won't happen, roof has to come off, virtually starting again, transport etc, but if you look elsewhere it is obvious that expansion is the only way to keep progressing and TB doesn't strike me as someone who sits still for long. Within 10 years I think we will be in a bigger stadium (please bounce when we are in league two playing in front of 10,000).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
IF we get 2-3 seasons of stability with a waiting list of 10-15k+ it will be looked at.

It would need some kind of incremental plan of adding 3-4k seats at a time, and not just throw in 10k immediately that will all be empty if/when we come back down.

Cue the structual engineers to tell us we may aswell bulldoze what we have.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh joy... safe standing? seats closer together? drop the pitch? bigger North Stand? blah blah bollocks.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Perhaps we could dig downwards and use periscopes?

my-brain-every-time-im-in-over-my-head-talking-to-a-girl-94324.jpg

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I actually don't think it would be a matter of rebuilding. Look at Man City, they built the extension behind the current stand and in simpleton terms, bolted it on to the existing. I don't see how that's not feasible, with an extension having its own foundations?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The club should save their money by avoiding expanding the stadium and instead just read out 45,000 as the attendance on the tannoy.

Most cost efficient way of becoming a big club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am sure that even as it is now it is designed for easy expansion.
I seem to remember this while it was being built.

winner. in before BensGrandad tells us about the foundations.

it did have design for some expansion, which has been added.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I am sure that even as it is now it is designed for easy expansion.
I seem to remember this while it was being built.

You're right. Then they expanded it by filling in the corners and adding the ESU.

General sounds coming from the club had been it is possible to add small pockets here or there but we are talking a few hundred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
No way should we even consider it until a) we've been a constant fixture in the Premier League for at least 5-7 years and b) someone works out how to treble the size of Falmer station.

If we drop back down to the Championship next year we're likely to be playing in front of 20,000 for a bit, I reckon, certainly if we stay there for a few seasons. Imagine that in a 40K stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here