Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 70 goals

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
17 goals to date demands some sort of respect

I completely agree, Tomer has done a fine job this season and looks a bargain compared to some of the money spent on players that are only a few goals above him in the goal scoring charts. However I don't think [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] was being disrespectful at all.

It's been a theory held by some on here, that is often quoted for comedy effect and [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] was doing that in this case, that we don't have a 20 goal striker needed for promotion.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I completely agree, Tomer has done a fine job this season and looks a bargain compared to some of the money spent on players that are only a few goals above him in the goal scoring charts. However I don't think [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] was being disrespectful at all.

It's been a theory held by some on here, that is often quoted for comedy effect and [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] was doing that in this case, that we don't have a 20 goal striker needed for promotion.

I didn't actually say his comment was disrespectful to Tomer. I actually said his comment was ''unfair''

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm big enough to hold my hands up and admit to consistently saying we need a proven striker to guarantee promotion.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. :) Our goal tally now is indeed very impressive and deserving of an automatic spot.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
And we also have both Skalak and Murphy that can take the no.9 mantle if needed.
I'm not convinced that either could play down the middle, Hemed has an aerial threat and holds the ball up better. Hemed also has a physical presence which neither Murphy or Skalak have.

It's just brilliant that we have the players across the pitch who can all chip in with goals.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't actually say his comment was disrespectful to Tomer. I actually said his comment was ''unfair''

I love Tomer & Baldock, defended them all season, it was a jestful thread to all those that doubted us because of a lack of goals! The league's top scorers - :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here