Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Pointless playing Ulloa in this Man City testimonial, Locadia obviously has no place in a Chris Hughton side at the moment. We may have wasted a few million quid :shrug:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Easily the weakest link in our team. Think he was meant to be second choice to Suttner this season but for whatever reason CH doesn't seem to rate Suttner. Bong is a very average defender and going forward can't deliver the quality of cross required at this level.

Completely agree. If you haven’t seen City’s second goal, watch him turn his back when Silva shoots, not to mention allowing him so much space in the first place. Very poor defending at this level.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
How many teams have scored at the Etihad this season?

Everton
Stoke
Napoli (CL)
Southampton
Arsenal
Tottenham
West Ham
Newcastle
Bristol City (EFL Cup)
Burnley (FA Cup)
Watford
Leicester
FC Basel (CL)
Liverpool (CL)
Man Utd

So quite a few then, surprisingly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Bong has had a wonderful season considering the step up, but I do feel if we want to make the next step up in this league we need to address both full back positions. Bong was poor for both goals tonight - that’s no scapegoating - it was obvious. We haven’t disgraced ourselves though and it’s not an important game for us so nobody panic :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Bong's lacklustre attempted block was just the final piece in a poorly defended team goal but hey ho we are safe, only 2-1 down .. away to the champions ..so not all bad then!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And your point is?

What would anyone expect for a team who's total cost is less than one of several of their squad.

A lot of possession in non threatening areas too. We’ve been disciplined with our shape as usual.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely the only way he can be an easy target is by being at blame for conceding goals? Positional sense is atrocious.

What you have to ask yourself:

a) do I rate Chris Hughton as a manager? [if yes go to question b]

b) is Suttner a decent left back? [if yes go to c]

c) does Bong get picked ahead of Suttner? [if yes go back to a)]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here