Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McLaren leaves Derby

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
He's not left, yet. I suspect he may do so today though. Too much water under that bridge, anyway change is good right? Keeps everything interesting....

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Over the last couple of years Derby were one of the best teams that we played. Their football was fantastic. They failed to go up through having all their forwards out injured. I would love it if we could play like that.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What has he done wrong anyway, I thought that they had a decent season.
I would gladly have swapped league positions with them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Over the last couple of years Derby were one of the best teams that we played. Their football was fantastic. They failed to go up through having all their forwards out injured. I would love it if we could play like that.

They didn't turn up at Wembley last year after annihilating us in the semis.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What has he done wrong anyway, I thought that they had a decent season.
I would gladly have swapped league positions with them.

While we would have all happily swapped league positions, they were top when we played them at the start of March with 12 games to go and they didn't even make the play offs. They picked up 12 points from those games, that is a very poor end to the season. I would imagine many of us would be pretty pissed off if we'd done that and there would be calls for the manager to go.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Absolutely this. Essentially, their season fell apart when Chris Martin got injured and then Bent got injured shortly after. I don't think McLaren cost Derby promotion by getting his head turned, more he lost his two best strikers. Do people think we'd have beaten them if Martin or Bent had been availavle?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Their season fell apart when he was offered Toon. Promised to stay loyal to the end of the season (hence Carver) but it's never the same

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
I was told it was on Sky £4m but I may have been mislead sorry if that is the case.

If only NSC wasn't the only website ever created and there were other ones where facts could be easily checked. I might get on to the BBC and ask them to create a news and sport site and every football club should have their own one too. Then when there are all these other websites some bright spark might create an easy way of searching for this information.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If only NSC wasn't the only website ever created and there were other ones where facts could be easily checked. I might get on to the BBC and ask them to create a news and sport site and every football club should have their own one too. Then when there are all these other websites some bright spark might create an easy way of searching for this information.
:wanker::wanker:

Why the p..s take I was out and somebody told me, why should I disbelieve him.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
No point in all that mate. The fount of all footballing knowledge that is "a bloke in the pub" told BG after he saw it on football rumours. Don't be mithering yourself with the effort of fact checking, or paying attention. This is as reliable a source as they get.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
:wanker::wanker:

Why the p..s take I was out and somebody told me, why should I disbelieve him.

Because you believe any old bollocks you are told and pass it off as fact. I am pretty certain people have realised this and tell you false rumours just to see how quickly you pass them off as gospel when it would be easy to check if they were true or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here