Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
How does the Data protection act work for you requesting data from our turnstiles.

Might be worth checking with the ICO before going on this witch hunt.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm the unlucky (i.e. only reliable) one in our group who buys anything up to a dozen tickets for (eligible) members per game. They don't put names on individual tickets, obviously, so I guess I'm going to have to be careful to make sure that the assigned ticket gets given to the right person in future. At the moment I just hand them out at random. I bought multiple tickets for last night, most went, a couple didn't. No idea which tickets were used though, so every chance someone who went will get deducted points for using a ticket that wasn't purchased in their name....

And there lies the problem of taking away points for the Bournemouth match. Plenty of people will be in the same boat on this. Lots of groups of people, even 2 people, buy tickets as a group and never necessarily use the tickets they are assigned to, they just get them out of the envelope and hand them out. The only ones allocated correctly will be under 21s or other concessions maybe. No one has ever had a reason to write the names on the tickets and make sure everyone gets the right one. If the club do this going forwards and tell everyone that's how it is going to work then that's fine but to change the rules retrospectively is likely to penalise lots who actually went last night. That can't be right.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's focus on supporting the team on Saturday or moaning depending on what kind of fan you are! :clap2:

Absolutely, see you at the Amex at 15:00 Saturday, you might be a bit lonely though

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I had more than enough loyalty points to get a ticket to go to Bournemouth last night, but chose not to buy a ticket as it was obvious the match would be played betwen the Bournmouth and Brighton reserve teams.

Why did the club only offer 5 loyalty points for the Bournemoth vs Brighton first team Premier League match last Friday, yet offered cheap tickets with 10 loyaly points for a reserve team match last night? This encouraged people to buy tickets just to get the loyalty points.

Apart from die hard Albion fans who go to every Albion match come rain or shine even on a Tuesday night when having to travel through Worthing and Arundel in the rush hour (and these fans probably don't need the extra loyalty points anyway), is there anyone deluded enough to think we would have sold out our full allocation of tickets for a reserve team away match on a Tuesday night if loyalty points had not been on offer? How many fans normally go to an away team reserve match?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I had more than enough loyalty points to get a ticket to go to Bournemouth last night, but chose not to buy a ticket as it was obvious the match would be played betwen the Bournmouth and Brighton reserve teams.

Why did the club only offer 5 loyalty points for the Bournemoth vs Brighton first team Premier League match last Friday, yet offered cheap tickets with 10 loyaly points for a reserve team match last night? This encouraged people to buy tickets just to get the loyalty points.

Apart from die hard Albion fans who go to every Albion match come rain or shine even on a Tuesday night when having to travel through Worthing and Arundel in the rush hour (and these fans probably don't need the extra loyalty points anyway), is there anyone deluded enough to think we would have sold out our full allocation of tickets for a reserve team away match on a Tuesday night if loyalty points had not been on offer? How many fans normally go to an away team reserve match?

It was the Milk Cup and winner into last 16 ???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Need to be careful about an over-reaction here and using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Can't see there will be many games at all where this happens (possibly no more this season except an unattractive FA Cup away tie oop North perhaps).

Put it down to experience, and for similar future games (ie cheap, unattractive ones) don't offer any points at all?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

This.

The club got the loyalty point allocation wrong for last night but there is a massive over reaction. I'll be honest and say I'm a little sceptical that all those now claiming they would have loved to have gone. Odd that all of a sudden there is massive demand for a mickey mouse cup competition where we field our reserves and achieve our aim of going out of the competition whereas these fans weren't going to games over the last few seasons!!!

Also getting fed up with the continuous suggestion that those in the top tier are only recent fans. I've been going 40 years and judging by a lot of those there last night, I wasn't alone in that sort of longevity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely, see you at the Amex at 15:00 Saturday, you might be a bit lonely though

Did you go to the Hare and Hounds after the WBA game? I recall I gave some advice about the place. How was it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No big deal really is it? If you wanted a ticket you could have got one for this game easily so if you missed out I think it's your own fault. A lot of the people that moan about tickets don't try hard to get one. Be quick off the blocks and you'll be ok but you can't expect a ticket for every away game if you don't go to many.

It seems to me the club created the issue by offering lots of points for cheap tickets. It was clear what would happen and frankly I don't blame people for wanting more points to attend away matches.

Storm in tea cup. Let's focus on supporting the team on Saturday or moaning depending on what kind of fan you are! :clap2:

The tickets went on sale a day early. The date was changed. The tickets also sold out very quickly so that people I know who are regulars couldn't get tickets, so your guess at getting a ticket was easy is wrong.

A complaint was made about the day being changed, and when some players comps were returned, it was made known and the person who made the complaint managed to get the tickets needed. There were about 30 tickets which were advertised on Nsc, but unfortunately people like [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] were at work, and couldn't get one then.

700 people bought tickets, not the odd one or two, or even 50. 700 tickets were wasted last night and decent fans who wanted to go, couldn't, because their fellow fans cheated them.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Why did the club only offer 5 loyalty points for the Bournemoth vs Brighton first team Premier League match last Friday, yet offered cheap tickets with 10 loyaly points for a reserve team match last night?

Because the league game was more appealing therefore worth less points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is this a long running problem with all clubs and their loyalty schemes?

Sounds to me like the scheme itself is the problem and you know what they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The scheme isn't the problem. The problem is the limited number of tickets available.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Because the league game was more appealing therefore worth less points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arguable given the price differential.

My wife has just reminded me of the bloke in front of us last Friday night who just could not get his ticket to scan. In the end they let him though without it scanning. If that happened last night presumably he wouldn't be on the data as attended?! Hope he took a picture just in case!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Wasn't it good in the old days when you pitched up, put your kids over the turnstile,paid your 2 shillings and 8 pence, joined the other 6 thousand spectators, and watched the game.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Collecting tickets from a different venue is a no go surely.
I busted a bollock to get there last night, leaving work as late as possible, driving 3.5 hours on crap roads, eventually walking into the ground at 7:42pm.
If I had to collect en route I would have potentially missed a large part of the game.
It would cause chaos at the chosen venue as well. Potentially 3,000 supporters turning up to collect a ticket.
Also you have to take into account the multiple ways in which people travel to the game. Could one location be found near a train station, main road, coach park...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I
Sounds to me like the scheme itself is the problem and you know what they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Nothing wrong with the scheme, just the people that run it (The Club).
Not just last night but all season the fans have been ahead of the Club...

Think this thread was started so those "true" fans could all crow about how they went last night..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here