Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo

Jul 7, 2003
Because he's still our best player and capable of producing something out of nothing which we desperately need with our lack of strikeforce.

He didn't have his best game against Bournemouth but still had a couple of moments and he always puts a shift in regardless..

On his day Knocky is great but not sure about putting in a shift. He still seems emotionally fragile (see Barnet at home), goes missing at times and I also think he lacks a football brain. His skills are undeniably good but at Bournemouth, he was being berated on several occasions in the first half by team mates for not doing his job. If you watch him, he has a habit of ball watching rather than checking where his man is when defending. He got caught twice in a couple of minutes at Bournemouth where he followed the ball and gave his man far too much space and enabled them to put in dangerous crosses. In Hughton's team, a winger has to be able to defend to keep our shape.

We haven't seen enough of Jose to know if he defends any better but if Knocky doesn't improve that part of his game then I can see him being used away from home as an impact player off the bench in future.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He needs game time but we can't drop Knockaert or March so it's difficult to see where he's going to get that. Unless we start with the fluid front three I've been pushing for of him with Knockaert and March.

You mug where does that say he is undroppable :moo:

As you appear to not be able to read or understand English I have highlighted it for you.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On his day Knocky is great but not sure about putting in a shift. He still seems emotionally fragile (see Barnet at home), goes missing at times and I also think he lacks a football brain. His skills are undeniably good but at Bournemouth, he was being berated on several occasions in the first half by team mates for not doing his job. If you watch him, he has a habit of ball watching rather than checking where his man is when defending. He got caught twice in a couple of minutes at Bournemouth where he followed the ball and gave his man far too much space and enabled them to put in dangerous crosses. In Hughton's team, a winger has to be able to defend to keep our shape.

We haven't seen enough of Jose to know if he defends any better but if Knocky doesn't improve that part of his game then I can see him being used away from home as an impact player off the bench in future.

Go along with this. He's in stark contrast to the winger on the other flank, who is extremely intelligent, puts a real shift in (he has played all 450 minutes thus far) and, again, in stark contrast to Knockaert, doesn't quite believe in himself so has been releasing the ball too swiftly when he's well set and has the skill to take on opponents.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Agree with many of the previous posts - that he came on for about 15 minutes, and we were no longer an attacking threat at that stage so he wasn't able to get involved. Could say the same for any number of our other players at that point in the game.

As far as the comments about leaving him on the bench - If you look at how tactically well-regimented we were prior to the two goals (i.e. everyone putting in serious work rate closing down, defence looked impenetrable, team looked like a cohesive unit). It's possible that CH thinks Izquierdo, despite his obvious attacking quality, isn't quite ready to slot into this well-drilled side yet. Makes even more sense considering English football is generally considered to be played at a much faster pace. It takes adjustment. When CH thinks he's ready to slot into the side, I'm sure he will.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Because he's still our best player and capable of producing something out of nothing which we desperately need with our lack of strikeforce.

He didn't have his best game against Bournemouth but still had a couple of moments and he always puts a shift in regardless. He was also excellent against West Brom and decent against Watford.

The one thing he didn't do against Bournemouth was put in a shift.

Lazy, ball watcher, who rarely tracked his man. Duffy and Rosenoir had a go at him twice in the first half.

Always exciting on the ball and probably is one of our best players, but needs to drop the attitude when he doesn't get the pass he wants and start mucking in with the rest.

Bit of a disappointment for me so far, just wonder if his ankle knock from pre-season is fully healed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Agree with what's said about AK
I thought he had a shocker to be honest
Didn't track his man back, ball watching and his final ball was very poor .
I think CH isn't to sure Jose is up to speed on his job in tracking back and defending etc at the moment but hopefully he will get a decent run out on Tuesday and show CH why he should be in the starting 11

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No player is un-droppable.

IMO we drop Knockaert, March offers to much defensively. Knockaert was poor Friday night, i've noticed he throws a tantrum when things don't go his way

It's goals we need and chances created, this is what AK provides that and creating a general spark to the side.

Unless he is bang out of form i would not consider dropping him, and he is no where close to being bang out of form. He is by far our most dangerous player.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The one thing he didn't do against Bournemouth was put in a shift.

Lazy, ball watcher, who rarely tracked his man. Duffy and Rosenoir had a go at him twice in the first half.

Always exciting on the ball and probably is one of our best players, but needs to drop the attitude when he doesn't get the pass he wants and start mucking in with the rest.

Bit of a disappointment for me so far, just wonder if his ankle knock from pre-season is fully healed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was the same against West Brom in the latter part of the game I thought. I.e ball watching and not really putting a shift in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here