Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-League fun and games

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I am thinking of going to see Whitehawk at home for the first time
Any tips on pre-match routine, where to stand in the ground, best players etc?
Thank you

There's a free car park round the back of the ground, drive through the gates, by the turnstiles and it ends up in the car park. As it's non-league the fans swap ends at half time to stay behind the opposition goalie. You'll probably be best off standing at the side for your first visit. Most people won't turn up until 30 minutes before the match. Pints are about £3.50 and you can drink on the terraces. Ramon Rose and Conor Tighe seem to be doing well so far but most of the team are pretty young and new for this season as loads left over the summer as there were money worries for the club.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
There's a free car park round the back of the ground, drive through the gates, by the turnstiles and it ends up in the car park. As it's non-league the fans swap ends at half time to stay behind the opposition goalie. You'll probably be best off standing at the side for your first visit. Most people won't turn up until 30 minutes before the match. Pints are about £3.50 and you can drink on the terraces. Ramon Rose and Conor Tighe seem to be doing well so far but most of the team are pretty young and new for this season as loads left over the summer as there were money worries for the club.

Really helpful. Thank you

With no Albion this weekend and Whitehawk at home, I thought I'd hobalong

Have just seen the manager has resigned and Dan Harding's in temporary charge - I liked him at the Albion

Interesting
Any ex-Albion in charge / playing?

What's the scoop if I did come along then / another day?

No Albion although Conor Wilkins (Deans son) plays for us, we had a couple a few years back on £200 a week and we nearly bankrupt ourselves, all local lads now and they get paid enough for a round of drinks, but only if they win. The atmosphere round the place is the best it's been for a long time.

Dunno what the last sentence means

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
No Albion although Conor Wilkins (Deans son) plays for us, we had a couple a few years back on £200 a week and we nearly bankrupt ourselves, all local lads now and they get paid enough for a round of drinks, but only if they win. The atmosphere round the place is the best it's been for a long time.

Dunno what the last sentence means

Thanks
Sorry - I mean the logistics - just turn up, walk in etc

Thanks
Sorry - I mean the logistics - just turn up, walk in etc

Everyone pays at that level - £6 adults £4 seniors under 18s FREE

Burgers £2 I think, The best Chips in the league - a quid. Bar opens about 1 ish for a Saturday match, £3.50 Fosters Kronenbourg Guinness or cloudy Strongbow, Harvey's by the bottle. Ask for a glass, glass if you're staying inside, you can drink pitch side out of plastic

Cameron Wiltshire spent a year as a pro at Albion and Wilkins 6 months. Elliot Levy was also a scholar for us.

Of course, my train of thought took me to the "old boys" like we had in the past, and it doesn't end well.

These young lads are hungry, respectful and have a good attitude. It's a good team spirit among a mix of young players that have "knocked on the door" or came over locally from the youth set up and/or the late Peacehaven United who were one up from pub football, a few dropped out but some made the four division step up easily. Loyalty is hard to come by at this level and the players can virtually come and go as they please, as a fan owned club we are not paying top wages for this division instead we are trying to create a real feel about the club, growing fan base, away fans travel, atmosphere etc with the players looked up to by the youth teams etc, our players tend to enjoy this and have chosen this over bigger paying clubs that play in front of the proverbial one man and his dog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here