• Benjamin Disraeli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought Thatcher would be more unpopular than Cameron given one moron decided to write a poem to celebrate her death

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Gordon Brown, destroyed the economy (LOOK at the GDP figures), lied to the country about the Lisbon treaty, Sold off the countries gold reserves for a pittance. Made Blair look vaguely competent.
Gordon Brown "destroyed the economy"? No big fan of his, but I think there might just have been some other factors that affected the UK's GDP figures.

You know, one in particular, if you think... really hard....

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
3 people voted John Major.

I mean honestly, I'm no Tory but what did he do that was so wrong to even have him getting any votes compared to others in this list? Start a massive investment in school infrastructure programme? Instigate a steady and sustained economic recovery? Won a staggering and record breaking 14m votes to win an election? His foresight in ensuring our concessions in the Maastricht Treaty?

Tory bashing only please on this thread!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Should have met Greta Thunberg, out foxed by Corbyn again.........

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cameron - ****ed the country through cowardice
May - ****ed the country through incompetence and her hatred of the poor
Thatcher - ****ed the country through greed and her hatred of the poor
Chamberlain - almost ****ed the country through cowardice

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Has to be THE one, end. 'I have a piece of paper.........Herr Hitler.......blah blah blah'

Chamberlain - almost ****ed the country through cowardice

I think Chamberlain's getting a bum deal here. It's all very well talking about appeasement being a big mistake but it was a policy that was supported by the vast bulk of the Tory and Labour parties (and the people too, there was no great appetite for war among the population). There were prominent voices against appeasement - Churchill and Michael Foot, for example - but there weren't many.

In fact, when Chamberlain did increase defence spending, as Chancellor, his policy was criticised by Labour as a completely unnecessary policy and a waste of money. You have to remember that the UK was in a parlous financial state in the 30s (thanks in good part to Churchill's disastrous stint as Chancellor) and there was little opportunity to spend money.

He's remembered for the piece of paper but it's Chamberlain we have to thank for paid holidays and for doing much to improve housing.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think Chamberlain's getting a bum deal here. It's all very well talking about appeasement being a big mistake but it was a policy that was supported by the vast bulk of the Tory and Labour parties (and the people too, there was no great appetite for war among the population). There were prominent voices against appeasement - Churchill and Michael Foot, for example - but there weren't many.

In fact, when Chamberlain did increase defence spending, as Chancellor, his policy was criticised by Labour as a completely unnecessary policy and a waste of money. You have to remember that the UK was in a parlous financial state in the 30s (thanks in good part to Churchill's disastrous stint as Chancellor) and there was little opportunity to spend money.

He's remembered for the piece of paper but it's Chamberlain we have to thank for paid holidays and for doing much to improve housing.

Fair play, I have been schooled and happy to be so. Thank you.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
I think Cameron/May/Camberlian were just Tory fools.King Blair thought he was God,but Thatcher was evil and the damage she did to this country is still be felt today.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think Cameron/May/Camberlian were just Tory fools.King Blair thought he was God,but Thatcher was evil and the damage she did to this country is still be felt today.

I think May’s ministerial history of trying to abolish the human rights act is verging in evil. Luckily she’s an incompetent ****wit and has never been able to put this through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here