Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League Two,who's going down ?

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
As you asked, it's not looking good for Notts County.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Gutted for Notts - always liked them. My first ever away game was against them - Kerry Mayo scored twice (I think it was 2-2), and I remember the fans being quite a pleasant bunch.

Another club suffering from piss-poor ownership.

Yeovil look dodgy to me despite their win today

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As you asked, it's not looking good for Notts County.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Present owner suffering from small man syndrome. Thinks he’s the manager as wanders around the ground with a track suit with his initials on. Thought he could buy promotion by recruiting managers and players on big L2 wages but presently losing at least £40,000 a week. Has put the club up for sale but is asking £9m and that excludes the stadium, which is about £8,999,999 too much.

It’s a lovely old ground and I can recall the Albion playing their in the top flight in 1983 where Steve Foster was trying to get a red card to bring forward a suspension that would have allowed him to play in the FA Cup final.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gutted for Notts - always liked them. My first ever away game was against them - Kerry Mayo scored twice (I think it was 2-2), and I remember the fans being quite a pleasant bunch.

Another club suffering from piss-poor ownership.

I didn't feel much goodwill towards them when they beat us in the play-off final at Wembley.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would like Morecambe to go, don’t know why, just have an irrational dislike.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I really want Macclesfield to carry on their good form and get out of the bottom 2 to show that Sol Campbell can succeed as a manager as it’s well publicised how hard he’s tried to get his break in management. He may not necessarily make it to manage at the top level but his experience should at least serve him well in the lower divisions.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Yeovil look dodgy to me despite their win today

Both my stepsons are Yeovil fans and have been since Isthmian League days, so I've followed the ups and downs of YTFC for 20-odd years. There is a huge rift between the fans and the chairman John Fry and the manager Darren Way. It feels to me very much like the situation we had with Archer and co.although there isn't any asset-stripping going on. Fry has already banned contact with the local BBC radio station and treats fans' representatives with little short of contempt. I've said to our sons that the next step will be the banning of high-profile "nuisance" fans. Darren Way reckons Yeovil are lucky to have him and that he could "walk into any other club". I think not! Fry has said when leaving a meeting with fans' reps that "we won't get relegated - I guarantee it." I feel Yeovil will survive THIS season, but unless there's a change at the top and some serious investment in the Club, relegation will be on the cards very soon.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Both my stepsons are Yeovil fans and have been since Isthmian League days, so I've followed the ups and downs of YTFC for 20-odd years. There is a huge rift between the fans and the chairman John Fry and the manager Darren Way. It feels to me very much like the situation we had with Archer and co.although there isn't any asset-stripping going on. Fry has already banned contact with the local BBC radio station and treats fans' representatives with little short of contempt. I've said to our sons that the next step will be the banning of high-profile "nuisance" fans. Darren Way reckons Yeovil are lucky to have him and that he could "walk into any other club". I think not! Fry has said when leaving a meeting with fans' reps that "we won't get relegated - I guarantee it." I feel Yeovil will survive THIS season, but unless there's a change at the top and some serious investment in the Club, relegation will be on the cards very soon.

A great shame, a small club like Yeovil very much need interaction with their fans, indeed it was that that helped propel them up through the divisions and into the Championship in the first place.

Hopefully they will find some solidity before it is too late, and they find themselves a non league club once again.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Would like Morecambe to go, don’t know why, just have an irrational dislike.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The carve-up that sent Barnet down because Coventry and Morecambe played out a mutually beneficial 0-0 draw on the final day of last season will hopefully see them go down.

What goes around comes around..........

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would never have thought in 1991 that Notts County after beating Brighton to reach the top flight in the play off final would be in this position 20 or so years later.

Ironically their supporters maybe looking at Brighton today and thinking how things can change in a relatively short space of time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Might need a double check here but would it not be the first team from the founding members of the Football League to drop out if Notts County go ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Might need a double check here but would it not be the first team from the founding members of the Football League to drop out if Notts County go ?

Accrington were relegated from the First Division in 1892-93 and resigned from the league rather than play in the Second Division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here