Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it time to restart BISA or something similar?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest have you ever written to PB? I have on four occasions over a few years and each time I've had a detailed and considered response, I do think he welcomes feedback and has acted on such feedback.

Yes. I wrote to Barber a couple of weeks back and had a response within an hour. I didn’t agree with everything he wrote, especially the point he made on page 72, but fair play for responding.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think that we have a CEO who will personally respond (at length) to every e-mail he receives from individual fans.
A chairman who sits and shares a can of Stella with random fans, on the train back from away matches.
Club representatives made available not just for the one annual forum you mention, but also disparate supporters' groups (Seagulls over London, Seagulls over Burwash ffs!).

If anything 'access' to 'the club' for each individual fan, is greater now than it has ever been.

I was thinking of reading the whole thread, but I got this far and thought "yep, that's what I think but he's put it better".

Great post. I'll go back to WHC now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Only in football would service-users, stakeholders or whatever you want to refer to yourself as complain about being treated like "customers". For many years football supporters complained bitterly that their clubs treated them like blindly loyal fans, rather than customers. In other service industries, people are desperate to be treated like customers rather than just a faceless source of revenue. Yet we quibble about it. What do we actually want here??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is an odd one, isn’t it? Throughout the years, various club chairmen have treated fans shoddily in the knowledge that they’re not going to take their support elsewhere, whereas customers of any other business tend to be treated much better and with respect in order to keep them coming back. I’m fairly certain that was what Barber was trying to get across the one time that he described the fans that paid through the turnstiles as customers, but people have been beating him with that stick for about 6 years now as if customer was somehow derogatory.

Fans of clubs like Charlton must laugh at our first world problems.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Did we not have a non voting representative on the board of directors or is my memory failing me?

Assuming I am not making this up what happened to the role

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You wait til you give up your ST and join the golf club. Then you’ll find out about petty rules, not being consulted and rules being rigidly enforced

I am already a member....can't get on the course on Wednesdays as that is the day the female members play....scandalous!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If BISA stands for Bolton Independent Supporters Association then it would get my support. Winding up orders outstanding from HMRC and player agents, disputes with other clubs over unpaid wages & transfers, players on strike, FFP breaches, staff unpaid, an owner who was barred from being a company director for 8 years, mysterious payments to the owners’ son, a deathbed loan from a previous owner, British Virgin Island company involvement, and loans at 25% per annum from ‘mates’ of Dean Holdsworth.

Anyone who thinks in 2018 under Tony Bloom we are being treated in a similar manner to Archer and Bellotti in 1995-7 then they need, as my close personal friend [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] would say “to give there head a wobble”

Regards
EP

Totally agree with this.
I dont take a flask so i'm not unhappy.
I dont buy a bottle of Coke so i'm not unhappy.
I dont e-mail the club, so dont get a reply to make me unhappy.
27000 home fans and about two dozen of them have a gripe....unbelievable.
You only have to listen to a fans forum to hear some of the crap that some fans moan about, can you imagine having one of those sitting in
on a board meeting as a fans representative.
Some people have short memories, be thankful for what you have, mainly due to Tony Bloom

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You are probably technically correct but this one has been going since 1912 and has been viewed as THE supporters club for a very long time.

http://www.bhasc.com

There is no O in bhasc.

I notice there is no apology for your keyboard warrior post and mysoginy, from a moderator, too.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It is obviously a personal view but seems to be shared by many on here that the tone is often overly corporate and dictatorial. My preferred tone would involve much more emphasis on the friendly relationship and mutual appreciation between 99.5% of fans and the club.
And avoid threats. They seem to love threats, love bans. No need to jump in 2 footed like that. Communication is awful I think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What goes around comes around.
Some of us look to the past for experience and ponder the future. Nothing wrong with that. Brilliantly run club currently (apart from the tone of some of the dictats), but 5 years time, 10 years time?
Absolutely. Interesting how times change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You might have a point other than the fact we've had this before and I'm sure we'll have this again.
Last time it was Harty (shouldn't be too far behind now) this time it's Attila.

It's the same redundant pathetic grizzling weighed down with a heavy dose of self-aggrandizing, "us old gits" might even be an exact quote from Harty.

They'll never get the message that actually we're pretty happy with a fan owner and astute CEO, because they are giving the impression of people scared of being forgotten.
When in fact the only reason why that can happen is by themselves peeing all over their own fantastic legacy by wanting to relive the 'good old days'.

If "all I want to do is have a pint and watch football" were actually true absolutely nothing that's happened recently has affected Atilla, if anything he's currently in the best shape ever as an Albion fan, yet here we still are.

Why is that?

StatB, you know I enjoy your posts and your humour so please don't take offense when I say that you're going way over the top, here. I don't agree with any need for any new initiative, along with you and most people responding to this thread (apart from the flask bearers, obviously) and said so. And you of course have the right to emote as much as you like. I'm just a bit flabberghasted, to be honest.

There are plenty of nobbers on NSC (well, not plenty, but a few) who deserve a bath of boling piss (albeit, in my opinion, which counts for nothing) but Atilla and Harty....nah. Not at all. I've met them both. You'd have a hard job to find a more cheery and life-enhancing chap than Atilla. Harty also is a good lad (and let's not forget he does have a journalist's imperative...and mesmerizing eyes...those eyes!). Both of them may come out with stuff with which we don't agree (my personal politics is probably half way between them so I am biased against and for them both) but gorblimey....I don't recall you throwing fistfuls of your own poo at our recently departed Bushy, the weirdly violent Hopkins, and the various fishermen like Dwayne and budding politician HB&B.

Atilla hardly ever posts and this is the first thread he's started in the last 5 years or so, as far as I can recall. Even I am more prolific as a bollocks-starter.

Don't be so angry - it doesn't suit you. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think you're right about the benefits of a supporters group that has regular communication and meetings with the club.

There isn't much wrong with the content of what comes out of the club but the tone of communication at the moment is all wrong.

Face to face meetings with the supporters reps feeding back on here and the various other social media would be a significant help.

Exactly this.

I'm not actually worried about bottle tops and flasks, but the way these communications are presented, like we're idiots in some respects, is really grating.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
StatB, you know I enjoy your posts and your humour so please don't take offense when I say that you're going way over the top, here. I don't agree with any need for any new initiative, along with you and most people responding to this thread (apart from the flask bearers, obviously) and said so. And you of course have the right to emote as much as you like. I'm just a bit flabberghasted, to be honest.

There are plenty of nobbers on NSC (well, not plenty, but a few) who deserve a bath of boling piss (albeit, in my opinion, which counts for nothing) but Atilla and Harty....nah. Not at all. I've met them both. You'd have a hard job to find a more cheery and life-enhancing chap than Atilla. Harty also is a good lad (and let's not forget he does have a journalist's imperative...and mesmerizing eyes...those eyes!). Both of them may come out with stuff with which we don't agree (my personal politics is probably half way between them so I am biased against and for them both) but gorblimey....I don't recall you throwing fistfuls of your own poo at our recently departed Bushy, the weirdly violent Hopkins, and the various fishermen like Dwayne and budding politician HB&B.

Atilla hardly ever posts and this is the first thread he's started in the last 5 years or so, as far as I can recall. Even I am more prolific as a bollocks-starter.

Don't be so angry - it doesn't suit you. :thumbsup:
That's fine and I totally respect your opinion.
TBH I'd hold it too were it not for the disingenuous nature of this thread.

What you would have read from me in the past, when I can be bothered to be serious, is a loathing of the 'good old days', the lies that can only be created by rosy specs.

For such a well respected member of the Albion family to decide now (or when Hyypia was manager) is the time to find our voice just like the good old days, is nonsense.
I'm glad it was shot down in flames last time, I'm glad the majority seem to be doing the same now.

My only fear is that one day the Albion (long after Bloom & Barber-out) might actually need a vocal BISA only for then the memory will be so besmirched by this odd need to chip away at the heroic legacy, because that's what 'we (I) did in the good old days'.

As for the likes of Bushy, Hopkins, Dwayne, HB&B plus a few others, beyond a few comedic side swipes and some easy 'owning' what's the point?

Why feed them?

Attila asked for opinions "to pass on" (whatever that means) and he's got them.
The difference is he's smart enough to take them on board, and deal with them appropriately.

Not something that can be leveled at many on here, and certainly not the likes of Bushy, Das et al.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly this.

I'm not actually worried about bottle tops and flasks, but the way these communications are presented, like we're idiots in some respects, is really grating.

What are you if you repeatedly attempt to take your flask into the ground having been told by the club, then subsequent stewards, that they are banned, if not an idiot?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's fine and I totally respect your opinion.
TBH I'd hold it too were it not for the disingenuous nature of this thread.

What you would have read from me in the past, when I can be bothered to be serious, is a loathing of the 'good old days', the lies that can only be created by rosy specs.

For such a well respected member of the Albion family to decide now (or when Hyypia was manager) is the time to find our voice just like the good old days, is nonsense.
I'm glad it was shot down in flames last time, I'm glad the majority seem to be doing the same now.

My only fear is that one day the Albion (long after Bloom & Barber-out) might actually need a vocal BISA only for then the memory will be so besmirched by this odd need to chip away at the heroic legacy, because that's what 'we (I) did in the good old days'.

As for the likes of Bushy, Hopkins, Dwayne, HB&B plus a few others, beyond a few comedic side swipes and some easy 'owning' what's the point?

Why feed them?

Attila asked for opinions "to pass on" (whatever that means) and he's got them.
The difference is he's smart enough to take them on board, and deal with them appropriately.

Not something that can be leveled at many on here, and certainly not the likes of Bushy, Das et al.

Fair enough.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
And avoid threats. They seem to love threats, love bans. No need to jump in 2 footed like that. Communication is awful I think.

As a general rule, threats are indeed distasteful, but to be fair to the club, they know, or strongly suspect, as I am sure that we both do, that in a crowd of 30,000, there are very likely to be people who will do their utmost to ignore what they have been asked to do. Yes, bottle tops etc seem trivial, but in reality the rule reflects the age in which we live, as I am sure you know.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What are you if you repeatedly attempt to take your flask into the ground having been told by the club, then subsequent stewards, that they are banned, if not an idiot?

Well exactly, but in communication terms, you don't talk to your fan base like they're all idiots or hooligans or whatever. Yes some of them will be, but don't talk to all of them like they all could be. Pretty simple stuff I'd say.

So they've had a few people try to take a flask or bottle top in, I don't need a 4 paragraph email telling me the dangers, and whatever else, just spell it out!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well exactly, but in communication terms, you don't talk to your fan base like they're all idiots or hooligans or whatever. Yes some of them will be, but don't talk to all of them like they all could be. Pretty simple stuff I'd say.

So they've had a few people try to take a flask or bottle top in, I don't need a 4 paragraph email telling me the dangers, and whatever else, just spell it out!

But the club weren't writing to you - you're not an idiot.

Flasks, bottle tops, throwing 'missiles', racist abuse, odd taunting, selling seats, has got nothing to do with you, me, Attila or 99% of the people on the mailing list.
But clearly they have to stoop down low, very low in fact, so that the actual idiots it is aimed at finally understand why they're being banned.

I have no idea why so many people completely unaffected are getting so uptight about stuff that not only doesn't effect them, but is being directed at the people they're run 100 miles to get away from.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

But how do the club know, who are the idiots etc? Hence they have to address all fans. I am not in the slightest bit annoyed or offended, as I know it does not affect me, and I am sure that is the case for most Albion fans. And regarding your last sentence -surely they Have just spelled it out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here