Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Birmingham City in big trouble

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Harry's always found it easy spending the club's money wherever he's been. Look at Pompey. Even though he may have acted like a child in a sweet shop, the chairmen of such clubs should have said 'No' to his rediculous spending requests. Don't feel sorry for Stockdale. He may not be playing but rumours abound that he's on nearly twice what the Albion were prepared to offer 2 years ago. He's not going to go hungry (no pun intended!)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think The Telegraph used my Twitter account, which had broken the story many hours before, for the story, the cheeky scamps, they didn’t even give us an acknowledgement.

We’d also broken the story on the website run by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I three months ago by trawling through the accounts of Birmingham’s parent company in Hong Kong. We were castigated at the time by Blues’ fans who accused us of making up the numbers and stirring things but the figures proved to be very accurate, the only differences being due to exchange rate move between sterling and the Hong Kong Dollar.

Once again NSC leads and the mainstream press follows, though a three month trail is a record even by their standards.

http://priceoffootball.com/birmingham-city-2018-do-what-john/

[Tweet]1081141198939713536[/Tweet]

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The list of "massive" clubs who have been purchased by know nothing foreign , and British, investors is a long and sad one.

Don't misunderstand me, I cant stand Birmingham and always hated going to St Andrews but when will the pathetic guardians of the game at EFL HQ stop being "disappointed" and start enforcing some rules over who can buy our football clubs?

Blackburn, Blackpool, Massive, Charlton, Reading, Pompey, QPR, Forest,

And never forgetting to bastaards who stole the Goldstone Ground.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How can they sign a player while they're under embargo? Surely the FA can refuse to transfer the registration.

Birmingham were under a ‘soft’ transfer embargo from the EFL where they were told not to sign any players for fees or wages of more than £600,000 a year, but this was not made public.

They then signed Pedersen for £2.4 million and registered him with the FA, who were unaware of the soft embargo and so rubber stamped the transfer, meaning it could not then be reversed.

The EFL are livid and wanted to impose a points deduction earlier this season, but our friends in the legal profession (the same ones who used delaying tactics over QPR’s FFP sanctions which took four years and £5-6 million in legal fees to resolve) are prevaricating and using points of order to delay a decision, in the hope that BCFC are promoted and are outside the jurisdiction of the EFL by being in the EPL.

The EFL are confident of making a decision by next month, it will be a landmark one I suspect.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One and a half goalkeepers if this photo looks anything to go by! :eek:

View attachment 103527

Poor old Dave.

Slightly off topic for this thread but he always has been an over sharer on Twitter etc. He arrived with us in a similar condition and was shit. Sami never really conveyed the need for him to be fitter effectively but Hughton did. We know because Over Sharing Dave took up running and put all his efforts on Strava. The result was the properly fit keeper we saw in the two promotion seasons.

Now it looks like he's gone back to his bad old ways. Either that or he's been knocked up - in which case the money he'll earn from the tabloids can pay off Brum's debts in a stroke.

Someone mentioned St Andrews is a horrible place to go and it is. I still remember my first trip there. Followed off the bus getting to the ground and having to walk through any number of barely functioning teens offering to "look after" cars parked near the ground. Then after a 1-0 win the only one of us to be wearing colours was jumped by a mob of about 20 - 30 outside McDonalds. They clocked us hesitating, left him and chased us all the way back to New St. I was 18 and it was a big lesson (seeing a well known "face" get a cab back to the station should have been a warning). It's still an atmosphere-less ground full of fat miserable Brummies in tracksuits. At least Villa Park has a bit of character. I still wouldn't want them to go under though. None of us can imagine weekends without football. A few seasons in League One and Two though? It was quite funny when it happend to Pompey.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I just went on their forum to see what they think - a mix of people who probably understand the implications, and then a load of people that are convinced this is not an issue and they are fine since they have an owner that can cover the costs. Total misunderstanding of why FFP is in place and what it's trying to combat. Mentalists.

Sounds like the Wednesday :lolol: forum until the penny finally dropped.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The people l really do feel sorry for amongst all this, are the poor long suffereing Blues fans. Having had to endure the managerial merrygoround of Arry and Gianfranco Zola, the crap football and the crazy spending, finally Garry Monk arrives, the footbakll improves, probably many of them are dreaming of the play offs this season, and now this, a possible twelve point deduction. Poor sods.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Southampton all hit the financial rocks.

All were managed by Arry.

Bournemouth? Thats like blaming Alan Mullery for the mess Albion were in during the 90's, it was years after HR left them. Southampton were already in a mess by the time he got there (I've just Matt Les Tissiers auto) and he talks about the mess Soton were in before HR arrived. As for Portsmouth, as he said he was told rich new owners who do you want to sign........what manager (apart from Wenger maybe) would turn that down. He also gave Pompey fans an FA cup final victory.

All this 'Arry got them in trouble' speak on here is rubbish. Managers don't agree transfer fees / salaries etc, they just say to the Chairman who they would like and he sanctions it or doesn't. Stockdales reputed 70k a week wasn't agreed by HR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here