Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] NSC Poster of The Year

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] - Lovely bloke and makes me laugh a lot with his posts. Clearly a very clever bloke.

[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] - Always relevant, always funny and very observant.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Based on variously; great intelligent posts, good people standing up to their NSC trolls, wit and/or a shared passion for late 70’s/80’s pop music. Even though I’m not left wing politically, I listen to the (non-bitter) reasoned views of those who are and I can see compromises.

[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] - intelligent, music, funny, calm whilst others want to punch him.
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - incredible knowledge, music, great way of tackling loonies.
[MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] - comes across as a very human good bloke, honest, stands up to trolls.
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] - funny, positive.
[MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION] - great music.
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] - love his views on the Albion, positive, deals with berks head on.
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] - honest, fair, not brow beaten by bullying.
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] - great sports knowledge, loyal to England and Albion.
@Knocky’s Nose - a kind bloke, witty.
[MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] - positive, intelligent.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] because he's a good egg ...and its purely a coincidence that this post is following his lovely comments.........why is my nose growing :moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There are quite a few I like on here this year but if I must pick one then it’s [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] . She has served her country without showing off, has a broad knowledge of many subjects, can correct people without being abusive and contributes interesting points on most matters. A good egg, I think.

And is never wrong......:whistle:

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] is someone who I find always has a balanced view.

Also [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] even with his pro cyclist views:D

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Surprisingly because it's someone on the opposite side of the political spectrum to myself, I enjoy reading posts by [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION]. I may not agree with him, but I find his humorous, intelligent, yet slightly teasing style of argument very entertaining. Plenty of other decent folk on here, can't mention them all. [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] springs to mind as he's on this thread.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Talking of NSC then i wrote this profile of the forum earlier this year for The Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...internet-club-forums-twitter-youtube-facebook

I've just read that article and take issue with this -

Over the next few days dozens of men – and it was all men – took the opportunity to publish at length, and in many private messages, about how they had coped after going through a divorce

There were two women in that thread, which is linked, who gave great advice. (neither was me btw)

Typical journalist, not checking facts before publishing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012

Over the next few days dozens of men – and it was all men – took the opportunity to publish at length, and in many private messages, about how they had coped after going through a divorce

There were two women in that thread, which is linked, who gave great advice. (neither was me btw)

I'm not a journalist or even a typical one and regret making that mistake which i realised pretty soon after it was published.. I did check with all those quoted in the pice if they were ok about it which they were. .
That said NSC is predominantly a male flavoured forum but i was wrong to make that assumption and not acknowledge otherwise. Apols.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Bit and unusually harsh

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Typical woman having a whinge :O

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not a journalist or even a typical one and regret making that mistake which i realised pretty soon after it was published.. I did check with all those quoted in the pice if they were ok about it which they were. .
That said NSC is predominantly a male flavoured forum but i was wrong to make that assumption and not acknowledge otherwise. Apols.

Bit and unusually harsh

I wondered why it was necessary to emphasise the helpful advice was all from men, especially when it wasn't. The phrase dozens of men would have been quite adequate.

Sorry if I appeared harsh, it was more of a tongue in cheek comment.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Based on variously; great intelligent posts, good people standing up to their NSC trolls, wit and/or a shared passion for late 70’s/80’s pop music. Even though I’m not left wing politically, I listen to the (non-bitter) reasoned views of those who are and I can see compromises.

[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] - intelligent, music, funny, calm whilst others want to punch him.
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - incredible knowledge, music, great way of tackling loonies.
[MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] - comes across as a very human good bloke, honest, stands up to trolls.
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] - funny, positive.
[MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION] - great music.
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] - love his views on the Albion, positive, deals with berks head on.
[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] - honest, fair, not brow beaten by bullying.
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] - great sports knowledge, loyal to England and Albion.
@Knocky’s Nose - a kind bloke, witty.
[MENTION=11350]LamieRobertson[/MENTION] - positive, intelligent.

Pretty much agree with all of those.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
I wondered why it was necessary to emphasise the helpful advice was all from men, especially when it wasn't. The phrase dozens of men would have been quite adequate.

Sorry if I appeared harsh, it was more of a tongue in cheek comment.

No worries . I overegged the point I was trying to make. PS - you’re one of my favourite NSC posters !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here