Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It does look like there were "reports" of drone activities, followed by the police sending up their drones and people then seeing those drones and reporting them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It does look like there were "reports" of drone activities, followed by the police sending up their drones and people then seeing those drones and reporting them.

Be interesting to see if plod produce the downed drone they claim has been sent off to forensics.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Its all very odd. scores of "sightings" of drones, no one filmed one? And somewhere like say, Gatwick airport, well wouldn't ATC kind of notice them on a radar or something :shrug:

Or perhaps they are top secret stealth ones developed my Mr RC Helicopter a mile away with his missus in the garage? Probably him as he asked a mate on facebook for a part for his chopper wasnt it?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

:lolol:

When it comes to drone-hunting, Sussex Police are like Pooh and Piglet tracking a Woozle by following it's pawprints... pooh.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
*Waits for the GRU cathedral tourists to troll us by posting some pics of their new drone Christmas presents*

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Cover up for a big terrorist threat I reckon. Didn’t want to alarm public and sitting ducks at the airport so threw a few drones over the airport while they sorted it

Very early in this thread someone suggested as such. And the whole thing stinks even more when they now seem to be suggesting no actual confirmed drone activity. A farce played out at great expense and inconvenience to many!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
names were originally reported to media from neighbours.

it is now recognised in law as invasion of privacy to release the names before charging. so they will be in line for lot of cash to soften the blow. tenuous but interesting argument i heard that the publicity led to faster resolution with employer and others coming forward to support their alibis. another point made was that naming people can acclerate an investigation as people come forward with information. im on the "dont name" side (especially before charging) but interesting views, its balance that we get wrong eitherway.

In this case, as their identity had become public knowledge, the police retained them in custody for longer, because they had to ensure their safety on release.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“The suggestion there may not have been any drones at Gatwick Airport was a "miscommunication by police", a government source has told the BBC.”

FFS.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
“The suggestion there may not have been any drones at Gatwick Airport was a "miscommunication by police", a government source has told the BBC.”

FFS.

First knuckledusters and then drones. I wonder what Sussex Police are lining up for their hat-trick.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I must admit when I saw it was sussex police who were leading this hunt my heart did sink a little bit .

I’ve never been in trouble but have had to deal with sussex police a fair bit over the years personally but mainly through my job . I’m not exagorating when I say they must be the most useless police force in the entire country .

None of this is a surprise . Just sussex police being sussex police .

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Quite concerning. Surely with the billions we spend on security, defence and policing we should be able to keep a major airport open.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son says it has been on the radio all day, but I havent had the radio on, that Easyjet are considering pulling out of Gatwick due to the drones . What makes then think the same couldnt happen at Stanstead or Luton. or any other airport.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Son says it has been on the radio all day, but I havent had the radio on, that Easyjet are considering pulling out of Gatwick due to the drones . What makes then think the same couldnt happen at Stanstead or Luton. or any other airport.

Having just googled the same, i’m surprised it’s not featuring on any news items on the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here