Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The NSC Albion Financial Review 2017/18

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Will read this shit when i go to bed. Looks a very good read. Must have taken you ages to knock together ?

Don't forget to keep an eye out for Villa's and Wednesday's accounts. The latter could be in breach of FFP.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
As always, I enjoy finding the 'hidden' messages spelt out by the capital letters at the beginning of each paragraph.
'Tony Bloom's Blue and White Army'

Nicely done :thumbsup:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Good read that, nice nod to the Buzzcocks :thumbsup:

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
A quite brilliant summary and fascinating read. In short, we are being frugal and sensible but this is likely to reflect on the pitch for a few years. Staggered that Palace’s wage bill is £111m compared to our £77m - that’s just stupidity & shocking mismanagement! Would love to know Wolves annual results or will they just do a Man City and cook the books?

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
@El Pres, what a brilliant article, thanks. So much useful info.

Incredible that the owners of Championship clubs are losing almost £400m a season.

I guessed that our non-broadcasting income would rise by £10m, so not far out. Another example of the virtuous PL circle.

Loved your commentary on PB ... his critics can barely mention his first name :lolol: and hilariously single him out for decisions obviously made by the Board.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only read if bored, have a love for graphs or you are very very constipated.

As you know [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I run a sideline blog on football and money, so we have stuck it there instead of NSC.

http://priceoffootball.com/brighton-2017-18-what-do-i-get/

Superb article, superb research, superb graphics.

This made me smile:

"Every village has an idiot, and there are a lot of villages in Sussex, all of whom seem to enjoy writing letters of complaint to the Brighton CEO."

"With the fifth lowest wage budget in the division, a relegation scrap is going to be the order of the day for a few seasons, but provided Bloom keeps his nerve and faith in Chris Hughton, then there is a fair chance of making some progress.

Whether the pitch fork element of the fan base has such patience (and they are not the ones who were subsidising the club for tens of millions in the Championship) is another matter."

Aside from our issues, things that struck me:

Palace have spent way beyond their means to achieve **** all. If they go down they are at risk of doing a Blackpool.

Spuds are only in it for the money (for the chairman) so it seems. If I were a potato I'd be quite cross.

As a BHA supporter, I am happy and very glad we have such a smart, committed and wealthy owner.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A quite brilliant summary and fascinating read. In short, we are being frugal and sensible but this is likely to reflect on the pitch for a few years. Staggered that Palace’s wage bill is £111m compared to our £77m - that’s just stupidity & shocking mismanagement! Would love to know Wolves annual results or will they just do a Man City and cook the books?

Laughably, CP’s horrendous payroll costs cannot be brought down any time soon, with players in three and four year contracts.

Moreover, since their last published accounts to 30 June 16, they’ve signed the following players on good money:
Meyer £8.5m a year
Kouyate
Sakho £5m
Milijovetic £3m
Van Aanholt £3m
Schlupp £3m
Tomkins
Townsend
Riedewald
Benteke £6m
Diver new contract £5.5m

They’re a cash cow that keeps paying out to sharp agents and not so sharp players.

All will be revealed in future accounts.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"Every village has an idiot, and there are a lot of villages in Sussex" [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've had correspondence with Mr Barber but fortunately I don't live in a village so guessing those comments weren't aimed at myself!

With regard to CEOs, interested as to why Man City don't seem to pay them anything! Assume their remuneration is in another format!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here