Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Catholics going to win the World Cup AGAIN?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
World cup teams are generally kept away from their wives and loved ones.
All other religions except the catholics are tugging themselves into a stupor right up until kick off.
The Catholics use all this pent up energy and testosterone and channel it into winning the world cup.
I heared that Wayne Rooney has been known to have up to 2 w***s at half time which explains his pathetic world cup performances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is about football ability and has no relation to religion nor should it have and religious beliefs shoukd be kept out of the World Cup and all sport.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd be surprised if more than four or five of the winning team are practicing christians...if its brazil it may be slightly higher....if its germany then much less

england have two

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This is about football ability and has no relation to religion nor should it have and religious beliefs shoukd be kept out of the World Cup and all sport.

christ-the-redeemer-statue-6.jpg

Welcome to Brazil

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
All other religions except the catholics are tugging themselves into a stupor right up until kick off.
The Catholics use all this pent up energy and testosterone and channel it into winning the world cup.
I heared that Wayne Rooney has been known to have up to 2 w***s at half time which explains his pathetic world cup performances.

Rooney is a catholic innit.

Westport to Hove

Sep 29, 2013
How so? At around 4m people, they are one of the smallest nations to have qualified, and have done so on 3 of the last 6 occasions. Pretty successful in comparative terms?

Good point, although they have utilised the diaspora quite well!.. Unlike the other catholic countries mentioned it's not the national sport in Ireland either

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
What inspired your user name (yes, I do know where it comes from).

GC is one of my favourite (if not THE favourite) literary characters, so when I had to come up with a username for an English forum that was the first thing that came to my mind.

As for the thread, I was just trying to stir things a little bit on a Friday morning. :) Very decent replies though, not an easy forum to fish on.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
GC is one of my favourite (if not THE favourite) literary characters, so when I had to come up with a username for an English forum that was the first thing that came to my mind.

As for the thread, I was just trying to stir things a little bit on a Friday morning. :) Very decent replies though, not an easy forum to fish on.

It's a THUNDERBOX of a thread.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

With a name like Rooney, and being brought up in Liverpool, I'd have thought there must be a more than even chance that he is from a Catholic family anyway.

As, quite possibly, are Gary Cahill (eligible to play for Ireland if he hadn't chosen England) and Phil Jagielka (could have played for Poland).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This has absolutely nothing to do with religion. If you need an explanation why, God help you!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Catholics learn to concentrate, despite distractions, from an early age. This helps when you're plays football under immense pressure, and surrounded by the opposition. Being able to perform a 'Cruyff turn', beat two defenders and play a killer ball onto the head of your centre-forward is a doddle after spending years trying to remember when to ring a bell while your underwear is wet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here