Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pot noodle

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As an aside, I love that "can a pot noodle go off" search (and numerous similar phrases) brings people to NSC...

Screen Shot 2017-11-15 at 12.21.03.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As an aside, I love that "can a pot noodle go off" search (and numerous similar phrases) brings people to NSC...
Have you just found one at the back of a cupboard?

Having just sampled the Sausage Casserole Pot Noodle, I can report that it isn't quite up to Chicken and Mushroom standard but knocks Beef and Tomato down a place to 3rd.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Having just sampled the Sausage Casserole Pot Noodle, I can report that it isn't quite up to Chicken and Mushroom standard but knocks Beef and Tomato down a place to 3rd.

If you were blind-folded and given a spoonful of SCPN, C&MPN and B&TPN do you think you could tell the difference?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

It’s good isn’t it! I love the korma and sticky rib too, guilty hungover pleasure the day after Boxing day was 2 chicken kormas emptied into a bowl with bread and butter on the side, yes I did make a sandwich?

It’s good isn’t it! I love the korma and sticky rib too, guilty hungover pleasure the day after Boxing day was 2 chicken kormas emptied into a bowl with bread and butter on the side, yes I did make a sandwich?

Haven't seen the Sticky Rib one on sale anywhere, much to my disappointment.

My only real critique of Sausage and Casserole was that I found the sachet of Tomato Sauce a little on the small side to be honest, it left me wanting more of it's reddy goodness.

I think I may have to re-visit a few of the flavours to judge the improved* recipes they are using.

*When I say improved I'm highly skeptical they will have, how you improve perfection is beyond me.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Worcester sauce in a chicken and mushroom or indeed beef and tomato one with the sachet IN. over fill it a little so you get to drink/dunk bread in the residue. and a little grated cheese to make a sarnie

Chicken and mushroom was also my preferred method of consuming these

312d8dcabf86d6d8aaf127f3d035b14a.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've never had a Bombay Bad Boy but recall mates spreading the sauce on a dry ryvita and ignoring the pasta altogether @mrdeez and struggling somewhat

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
My teenage self had one in 1981 after a skinful of beer, it tasted disgusting even partially inebriated and it came straight back up. I vowed I'd never eat another.

Some years later, my friend admitted that he'd prepared the thing using one part boiling water, one part Captain Morgan Rum and one part De Kuiper Cherry Brandy.........

Never again.

Jul 7, 2003
Pre-match on Boxing Day we visited a very classy pub/hostel in West London where the only hot food option was Pot Noodle.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Pre-match on Boxing Day we visited a very classy pub/hostel in West London where the only hot food option was Pot Noodle.

I went to a pub once in Digbeth, Birmingham, lets just say it wasnt the West of London it was pretty ropey and the only food they had also was pot noodles. 8/10 for presentation though stocked delightfully along the skittle alley in pyramid like structures and alternate flavours along the fruit machines the 3GBP jackpot ones or 6 quids worth of tokens which you could spend at the bar on pound a pint mild and pot noodles should you wish. Happy days

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suppose a Pot Noodle is handy if you run out of food, and furniture, and carpets and gravel....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here