Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This thread just shows yet again what a bunch of complete idiots many football fans are. People were seriously suggesting that we should give up on Ryan after two games. What utter, utter idiots. It astonishes me that so many people just never learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I don't see many coming on here to concede that they may have been hasty or wrong in their judgement. I suspect they will be waiting poised at their keyboard for when he next makes a mistake - which he will do as every keeper does - and then be typing "see, I told you so" before the mistake has even been replayed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After TWO games?

You are being very kind to the idiots. There are enough on here who had written him off before a single competitive game, after watching the Confederations Cup and looking up his height on Wikipedia.

Davy (AKA Danny) Propper was shitehouse after 2 games as well.
The 26 year old Dutch international 'couldn't even do the basics right'.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Spot on.

Everyone makes mistakes.

I saw Peter Grummitt (still the best keeper I've seen for us) drop crosses in the 70's.

I saw Moseley let in some absolute howlers in the old Division 1.

Stockdale and Kuzchak had a mistake in them....... they all do.....

Ryan after Leicester has not put a foot wrong IMO.

And my old favourite, Brian Powney?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
This thread just shows yet again what a bunch of complete idiots many football fans are. People were seriously suggesting that we should give up on Ryan after two games. What utter, utter idiots. It astonishes me that so many people just never learn.

Totally agree

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

There was an Albion fan on Twitter who, during the Arsenal game, tweeted that apart from heading the ball, Shane Duffy was shìt.

[tweet]914453095479996416[/tweet]

Jesus Christ what a fcking TOOL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think he could have stopped the second goal. It was fired straight at him. It wouldn't have taken much to get his head to it, let alone a hand.

Of all the utterly ridiculous comments on here about 'mistakes' our keepers have made - and God knows there are enough of them -I think you just won the prize.

Are you stoned?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
After Leicester I had serious concerns over Ryan. It wasn’t the Imperial leather impression for the 1st goal, more the complete lack of communication with Duffy / Dunk and the total lack of understanding between them. Since then, that has clearly improved. The back slapping and shouting between each other is almost unrecognisable from then and they look like a unit. I’m still to be convinced on high balls into the box where he has a reluctance to come off his line and his distribution is miles off what we got used to with Stockdale (who is probably about as good as you can get in that regard) but his shot stopping has been superb.

I’ve no idea what our training ground is like but I suspect it’s miles away from the blank tactics board that was supposed to have existed at Spurs under arry. Sidwell, Duffy and Ryan are 3 players who looked bang average when they first got here but improved quickly. I’d imagine that is no accident.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
There was an Albion fan on Twitter who, during the Arsenal game, tweeted that apart from heading the ball, Shane Duffy was shìt.

That is one of the most clueless comments I have seen.

It is ironic you put this in the Maty Ryan thread as Duffy was another written off after two games last season. Why did we spend a record amount on a terrible defender etc etc? £3.5 million now looks an absolute bargain and I am confident the money we paid for Ryan will do so too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’n Sure there is a poster on NSC with that name ..if it’s the same one then that’s their normal standard ..poor

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

That is one of the most clueless comments I have seen.

It is ironic you put this in the Maty Ryan thread as Duffy was another written off after two games last season. Why did we spend a record amount on a terrible defender etc etc? £3.5 million now looks an absolute bargain and I am confident the money we paid for Ryan will do so too.

I’n Sure there is a poster on NSC with that name ..if it’s the same one then that’s their normal standard ..poor
[MENTION=34253]Whoislloydy[/MENTION] over to you?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He's a liability or does everyone just have their rose tinted glasses on?

You're all probably the same people who think Knockaert is un-droppable.

EDIT: i'll give him credit he can block too.

One of the more bizarre comments on here. The fact that nobody else seems to think the same should probably tell you everything. Duffy is a very solid defender at this level and has been very good this season.

As for Knockaert, I've actually said elsewhere on here today that March should be first choice now and Knockaert/Izquierdo compete for the other wing position.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's a liability or does everyone just have their rose tinted glasses on?

You're all probably the same people who think Knockaert is un-droppable.

EDIT: i'll give him credit he can block too.
If you're lloydy, well he's a ****.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here