Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Brexit negotiations should be conducted by a multi-party committee?

A multi-party committee for Brexit?

• Yes - The only sensible choice where we are now

Votes: 104 73.8%
  • No - Let the minority government deal with it

Votes: 37 26.2%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh well May better resign then she was a remainer

But she says that she is the only one who can get a good deal for Britain ? or no deal , in fact.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think your very biased poll answers give this poll any credibility.

And No.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lets face no one has won this election
They have.
Did it backfire - yes. Did they get a majority - no. They still got most seats, they still won.

and there is no mandate for a single party to decide the country's future about Brexit.
There's more of a mandate for that than any other way. The Tories were the government when the country gave them a mandate for Brexit, and they have since been elected again as the biggest party.

Its the biggest deal of our generation
I agree.

Surely a multi-party negotiating committee would have the interests of the British public, not their one party's political interests, at heart and secure the best deal for the good of the whole country.
I understand the idea that we choose different governments at different times, and we don't want this big decision being in a particular parties interest. However, it's difficult to have a multi-party committee, as there'd be a greater risk of information leaks. I'm not sure what the best solution is.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Tories were the government when the country gave them a mandate for Brexit, and they have since been elected again as the biggest party.

Have they been elected yet?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the very least May has to step down from the negotiations. She has consistently shown she is selfish, a poor judge of policy and clearly unable to judge opinion and mood. For the sake of the nation stand down and stand down now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Hire Nigel Farage to negotiate .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the very least May has to step down from the negotiations. She has consistently shown she is selfish, a poor judge of policy and clearly unable to judge opinion and mood. For the sake of the nation stand down and stand down now.
Given how biased you are, your opinion carries little weight.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Im fairly certain Tim Farron and Caroline would have great difficulty actually negotiating our leaving The EU, so its a no from me for cross party holding hands

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Allow the real Coalition of Chaos, aka 'The Conservative Party', to continue with the negotiations until it cracks up under internal stresses caused by differences between, for example, Ruth Davidson's single market supporting Scottish Tories and Paisley's Fruitcakes and has to seek cross party support for a gentle Brexit or even, heaven knows, a second referendum. We can but hope.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Allow the real Coalition of Chaos, aka 'The Conservative Party', to continue with the negotiations until it cracks up under internal stresses caused by differences between, for example, Ruth Davidson's single market supporting Scottish Tories and Paisley's Fruitcakes and has to seek cross party support for a gentle Brexit or even, heaven knows, a second referendum. We can but hope.

I saw she is now backing the single Market, with the DUP wanting the same any deal which doesnt include this is looking unlikely to pass when put to the Vote.

I am starting to think coming second in this election is not such a bad thing...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I saw she is now backing the single Market, with the DUP wanting the same any deal which doesnt include this is looking unlikely to pass when put to the Vote.

I am starting to think coming second in this election is not such a bad thing...

Cor aint that the truth, you and your mates still fail to understand how first and second usually works.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I'm actually seriously starting to wonder if some sort of government of national unity emerges from all this and the mess we're in now. The current Government isn't going to get very far with The Scottish Conservatives wanting one thing and The DUP wanting another and they're going to have to get the best part of 20 different bills through parliament before 2019 on Brexit. I just cannot see them doing it. Interesting times we live in.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'm actually seriously starting to wonder if some sort of government of national unity emerges from all this and the mess we're in now. The current Government isn't going to get very far with The Scottish Conservatives wanting one thing and The DUP wanting another and they're going to have to get the best part of 20 different bills through parliament before 2019 on Brexit. I just cannot see them doing it. Interesting times we live in.

As was very clearly shown in the election, there are a great many Labour voters who defected to UKIP in 2015 (and went on to vote leave). That they then came back to Labour was a much better reason why they did better in the election than the youth vote. For this reason I firmly believe that there should be a Labour presence on the Brexit negotiating team. My only reservation would be that all the top people in labours Brexit team are remainers.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It should be cross-party because the Conservatives might not win the next election and this is something that will affect the UK for several Parliaments. Our negotiating had is severely weakened by the hung parliament though and I can imagine the EU side were rubbing thier hands in glee on Friday morning ("Claude, you know were saying they had to pay fifty billion euros to leave ? Yeah ? Make it a hundred").

We are going to get royally ****ing rinsed with May at the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here