Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midnight philophosy: Tolerance

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's nice to be tolerant but what happens when you have to be tolerant of intolerance? If someone is preaching intolerance, should it be tolerated? I see myself as a tolerant person but I don't like people preaching or teaching intolerance. Should I speak up and reveal myself as intolerant or should I tolerate intolerance? If I did that, surely I would be intolerant of intolerance.

Edit: Only 63 days until the new season starts,

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Tolerating intolerance increases intolerance so the best way to fight intolerance is more intolerance. Hope this helps.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Tolerating intolerance increases intolerance so the best way to fight intolerance is more intolerance. Hope this helps.

I love you and all of your opinions are sacrosanct.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I used to be quite tolerant of a lot of things, people in general.
But after seeing a loved one go through the pain barrier with numerous operations and then hear other folk complain about minor ailments, that really changed my view on tolerance.
I'm less patient with others, and generally find myself being irksome at the slightest moan.
Trying my very best to be tolerant of whingers :)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
But after seeing a loved one go through the pain barrier with numerous operations and then hear other folk complain about minor ailments, that really changed my view on tolerance.
I'm less patient with others, and generally find myself being irksome at the slightest moan.

That might be the worst they've ever felt. You have to put it into perspective and be more tolerant of their intolerance to pain. Someone moaning about how much their tattoo hurt on the other hand...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's nice to be tolerant but what happens when you have to be tolerant of intolerance? If someone is preaching intolerance, should it be tolerated? I see myself as a tolerant person but I don't like people preaching or teaching intolerance. Should I speak up and reveal myself as intolerant or should I tolerate intolerance? If I did that, surely I would be intolerant of intolerance.

I think you should say what you think regardless, we all have an opinion.
Others may not agree, but so what.
Without differing opinions there would be no debating.
Tolerance of opinions should come from all sides, regardless of beliefs.
That's where some of the problem lies, when others are taught from the cradle to not tolerate any others beliefs, then they are blinkered from birth and there will never be progress.
A possible way is to gradually change the ideas of a cultures older generation, so that their teachings to the next generation are different.
A slow process and not helped when they see their innocents slaughtered in the name of 'peace'.
Probably too far gone to fix now and violence seems to be the only alternative.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

This - my 28 old year old son died in January of secondary skin cancer. read any post on his blog https://wrestlingmelanoma.com/page/3/ (soon to be turned into a book) but suggest 24 May 2016 (Of Chaos) will make you realise just how petty we can all be in life.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This - my 28 old year old son died in January of secondary skin cancer. read any post on his blog https://wrestlingmelanoma.com/page/3/ (soon to be turned into a book) but suggest 24 May 2016 (Of Chaos) will make you realise just how petty we can all be in life.

Thank you so much for sharing this, Warmley.

I read the 'Of Chaos' section - extremely poignant and moving. Mark's comments very much show how important it is to appreciate what life has given us:

"It’s even hard to summarise who I am now, a bald disabled fat erratic man with a stick who cries a lot. This is from only months ago when I was a half marathon doctor, running with a beautiful fiancée and being my brother’s best man."

Your love for the Albion really came through in his words..."Dad's overwhelming addiction to the beautiful game".

I hope you can take solace in the months and years to come through Mark's blog.

It was a privilege to read it.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016

Just be tolerant of all before you Dick! Don't waste time being intolerant it will eat you up! SORRY GOTTA GO...KIDS ARE MAKING TOO MUCH NOISE...SHUT UP FOR CHRIST SAKE UP THERE!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here