Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official middle-aged man's Craft Beer thread ****

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Magic Rock Highwire Grapefruit PA going down just nicely right now.

IMG_0095.JPG

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Oh- that looks good. How fruity is it?

It really is very fruity, but not overbearing, but a great grapefruit flavour and super refreshing, I've not seen it for sale locally, I get it online from beer gonzo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It really is very fruity, but not overbearing, but a great grapefruit flavour and super refreshing, I've not seen it for sale locally, I get it online from beer gonzo.

Between me asking that question and your response, I've just cracked open a Damm Inedit which is quite orangey.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Hennings Wines in Goring normally stock this. Lovely drop

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Hennings Wines in Goring normally stock this. Lovely drop

Ah, now there's odd, I use Hennings in Pulborough regularly, and not seen it there. It is a bit smaller than Goring though, they tend to major on Bearvertown beers, I shall ask them next time I'm there. :thumbsup:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Trafalgar Wines in Brighton sell it.

Jul 7, 2003
Think NinKasi in Burgess Hill had a supply recently as well

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just saw this and it reminded me of this thread. Apols if fixtures...

I remember those same lines about 15 years ago when Horton was all the rage. And the beer name gag is an even older CAMRA style gag :rant:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yep. It's a hackneyed,throwaway sketch i agree. It just feels a little more appropriate now due to Craft beer's huge hipster following.

(I'll whisper this but the pulled pork line did make me chuckle)

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'm in the process of opening a café and the wonderful people at Goldmark Brewery in Poling near Arundel are going to brew our own beers for us. They're fitting 3 keg pumps and I'm going for a tasting next week:).
They have a pretty good pilsner called 'vertigo' that I think we might co-opt, I love a hoppy IPA so I think something in the West Coast style but with a lower gravity (it'll primarily be open daytime), and maybe a Golden ale, although I like the idea of a rotating guest beer. Wines incidentally, are all planned to come from Sussex too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm in the process of opening a café and the wonderful people at Goldmark Brewery in Poling near Arundel are going to brew our own beers for us. They're fitting 3 keg pumps and I'm going for a tasting next week:).
They have a pretty good pilsner called 'vertigo' that I think we might co-opt, I love a hoppy IPA so I think something in the West Coast style but with a lower gravity (it'll primarily be open daytime), and maybe a Golden ale, although I like the idea of a rotating guest beer. Wines incidentally, are all planned to come from Sussex too.

Wow. How exciting. Where will this be? (Your cafe, not the tasting session )

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Wow. How exciting. Where will this be? (Your cafe, not the tasting session )

Yeah, very exciting thanks, although doing the necessary environmental health procedures perhaps less so !

The café is on Littlehampton Marina, and is called the Boathouse.

Apparently, what Mark (the brewer) does is make a 'base' bitter and then styles/hops it accordingly to your specifications. I think he just made an IPA for The Egremont in Worthing.

Ironically, Mark is an anglicized German....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Apologies if fixtures.
Whilst in Edinburgh, I bumped into [MENTION=11767]Aristotle[/MENTION] on NSC.
Recommended I try a local beer from the Eyeball brewery, I did and liked very much.
Turns out that James (Aristotle), is the owner and on the plus side, an Albion fan :thumbsup::clap:

http://eyeballbrewing.co.uk

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Apologies if fixtures.
Whilst in Edinburgh, I bumped into [MENTION=11767]Aristotle[/MENTION] on NSC.
Recommended I try a local beer from the Eyeball brewery, I did and liked very much.
Turns out that James (Aristotle), is the owner and on the plus side, an Albion fan :thumbsup::clap:

http://eyeballbrewing.co.uk

Thanks for the plug AR!

Early days yet with the business, but really keen to do some (subtle) Albion themes in one or two of the new beers coming out later this year. Then I just need to sort out distribution down south...

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for the plug AR!

Early days yet with the business, but really keen to do some (subtle) Albion themes in one or two of the new beers coming out later this year. Then I just need to sort out distribution down south...
Hi there. We recently joined Eebria Trade which is a very straightforward way of distributing. Not much to lose by joining up...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here