Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 (seven) points

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Last season took 10 points from next 4 matches so a big ask to maintain that level but can soon make up any shortfall as hit winless streak in following 6 matches generating 3 points only

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Last season took 10 points from next 4 matches so a big ask to maintain that level but can soon make up any shortfall as hit winless streak in following 6 matches generating 3 points only

Agreed but, as you say, it was a poor run after that. We basically need 15 points from next 8 games to have two points a game at halfway point. That would represent an improvement on last year and with three consecutive losses following last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This only gets real when the 'can't catch us' thread pops up here.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think the top two are trying to do a great escape. Top two will be top two come May. Please feel free to quote me end of season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
70 points to go to get the 101 points total I predicted on the "is it to early to predict points tally thread"
Well on course to achieve that

21wins
7 draws
3 defeats

I can buy that - of remaining 31 games, say 22 with clean sheets running on current average of 70% (have uplifted season to date average of 66.6% slightly for Duffy effect). That might realise 18 wins, 4 0-0s = 58 points, total 89. The 5 games conceded so far have realised 5 points so let's say a point per game when concede in the other 9, total 98. Pretty close to yours. Scary, isn't it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have the same points after 15 games as last season but a +6 GD improvement... :)

Last season after 15 games, 5 out of the top 6 on Nov 3 went on to be in the top 6 on May 3rd.
Birmingham fell away to 10th. Sheff Weds went from 8th (on Nov 3rd) to 6th on May 3rd.

View attachment 79051

Funnily enough the team with the biggest goal difference there, had to go up via the playoffs.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Nitpicking slightly, it was a run of 7 winless games: Derby, QPR, Midds, Brentford, Wolves, Ipswich, Rotherham.

We were on 44 points (from 26) after that run and should be able to better that this season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its remarkable how after 15 games you get a good sense of the likely 3 to be promoted. Here's the three promoted teams standing in the Champ after 15 games for the last 5 years...
the top 2 for the last 4 out of 5 years have been promoted. gulp.

2015/16
Hull were (1st)
Burnley (2)
Boro (4)

NB: we returned to the top of the table a few games later...

2014/15
Watford (1)
Bournemouth (2)
Norwich (6)

2013/14
Burnley (1)
Leicester (2)
QPR (3)

2012/13
Palace (1)
Cardiff (3)
Hull (4)

2011/12
Southampton (1)
West Ham (2)
Reading (16th !) - of course the exception...

It's that 3 points between 2nd and 3rd I care about more.

Yes, and you can narrow that down to us and Norwich really - and 4 points is great with Kayal out though, wonderful work by Hughton

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Nitpicking slightly, it was a run of 7 winless games: Derby, QPR, Midds, Brentford, Wolves, Ipswich, Rotherham.

We were on 44 points (from 26) after that run and should be able to better that this season.

But this was substantially accounted for by the horrendous list of injuries we had at that time, we didn't even have a left back alternative, and that really screwed us last year.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

hopefully but will we better or replicate the 36 points from 17 games after that poor run ?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
But this was substantially accounted for by the horrendous list of injuries we had at that time, we didn't even have a left back alternative, and that really screwed us last year.

While I do agree with you, I think it was the loss of March that had the greatest impact on that run.

Following his injury we had almost no creativity going forward until Knockaert came in.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm equally glad and angry.

On one hand, look at that table. We just SMASHED one of the favourites for automatic promotion 5-0. There's no reason to believe we can't maintain our form and widen that gap between 2nd and 3rd.

On the other hand I'm FURIOUS. Furious that those *******s in blue and white are making me believe again.

*******s.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm equally glad and angry.

On one hand, look at that table. We just SMASHED one of the favourites for automatic promotion 5-0. There's no reason to believe we can't maintain our form and widen that gap between 2nd and 3rd.

On the other hand I'm FURIOUS. Furious that those *******s in blue and white are making me believe again.

*******s.

It's the hope that kills us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here