Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
View attachment 61242

The slip road at junction 24 was pretty dicey!

Nice and sunny though

188300884.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BIG flumps of snow flumping it down here in deepest north Essex!!

Flex Your Head

I've enjoyed these frosty, sunny days of late, but is that the end of the cold for the foreseeable?

Incidentally, I was amazed at the temperature difference when I drove down to the coast on Boxing Day; 3 deg C all the way down from Beckenham until we got to the Amex, then up to 7 deg C by the time we got the A259 on the coast. I didn't think the difference would be that marked.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've enjoyed these frosty, sunny days of late, but is that the end of the cold for the foreseeable?

Incidentally, I was amazed at the temperature difference when I drove down to the coast on Boxing Day; 3 deg C all the way down from Beckenham until we got to the Amex, then up to 7 deg C by the time we got the A259 on the coast. I didn't think the difference would be that marked.

It can be amazing sometimes as warm air flows arrive. I walked home from the pub last night and it was so cold my nose hurt when breathing, woke up this morning and its a balmy 4 C

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Have enjoyed the seasonal weather too but I have never been as cold at a football match as I was Monday night. Worth the pain though.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Woke up this morning at 7 frosty as by half 7 all gone in Lewes got to Ringmer thick frost and a good morning for ferreting was had.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Woke up this morning at 7 frosty as by half 7 all gone in Lewes got to Ringmer thick frost and a good morning for ferreting was had.

Similar for me, I drove from Brighton to Ringmer this morning, it was 6c when I left (no scraping required) and 2c with frost everywhere when I arrived here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is that it for now? Clearly warming up for the next ten days or so. Loved the frost but where was the snow?

I can't cope with another winter with none of the white stuff.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is that it for now? Clearly warming up for the next ten days or so. Loved the frost but where was the snow?

I can't cope with another winter with none of the white stuff.

Looks awful for snow lovers down here for the foreseeable, as we get wedged between a powerful polar vortex and a reestablished Azores to Euro high.

It may be drier down here, due to our proximity to High Pressure, but there's little chance of snow, without a major pattern shift. Make the most of any frost we get whilst ridges build behind each cold front.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Jet stream trajectory suggests strong, mobile, changeable, westerly flow over UK for most of January, hence series of Low pressure systems bringing frequent spells of wind and rain across the country.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=jetstream;sess=

Little sign of what is needed for a serious cold spell and high likelihood of some serious snow, namely an anticyclone over Scandinavia, and low pressure resident over France, feeding in a bitterly cold easterly airflow originating from Siberia - which is my favourite winter weather pattern.

I'm very disappointed with the current weather situation and forecast for January; BORING!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Jet stream trajectory suggests strong, mobile, changeable, westerly flow over UK for most of January, hence series of Low pressure systems bringing frequent spells of wind and rain across the country.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=jetstream;sess=

Little sign of what is needed for a serious cold spell and high likelihood of some serious snow, namely an anticyclone over Scandinavia, and low pressure resident over France, feeding in a bitterly cold easterly airflow originating from Siberia - which is my favourite winter weather pattern.

I'm very disappointed with the current weather situation and forecast for January; BORING!

...for the first half of Jan yes, however it could be more wintry in the last half of Jan onwards. With a SSW in the offing this could help all that cold air over Siberia head our way later in Jan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here