Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League club has striking off order from Registrar of Companies. Who could it be?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not really. Premier league or championship we still get money given to without the risk of paying it back. Unless you count 2p in the pound but that doesn't really matter anyway and we all don't care as it is not our problem. Whateva.

Let me rephrase that for you, the palace way.

*And btw, the full stop goes immediately after the word you finish a sentence on. Hope this helps.*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A 39% hike in the wage bill to £112m, paying out 79% of their income on players wages. And they were the 4th biggest spenders in the PL on players, £104m+.

Jesus.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I see that spiv Parish personally trousered £2.5m from CPFC2010 last year as well. You don't see Bloom milking the club for cash do you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A 39% hike in the wage bill to £112m, paying out 79% of their income on players wages. And they were the 4th biggest spenders in the PL on players, £104m+.

Jesus.

Challenging for a Champions League place doesn't come cheap.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am not a financial guy, but I found most of that interesting. Particularly the matchday income. How much would you expect ours to be this year?

BTW there's a typo, here's the line: 'This suggests both Pardew & Allardyce we’re backed during the season.'

Ta. iPhone autospell is a bugger!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am not a financial guy, but I found most of that interesting. Particularly the matchday income. How much would you expect ours to be this year?

BTW there's a typo, here's the line: 'This suggests both Pardew & Allardyce we’re backed during the season.'

Matchday income in 2016/17 in the Championship was £10.7 million.

Attendances increased but there were four fewer matches at the Amex in the Premier League due to having fewer teams. I'd go for about £12 million.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You should be careful what you write . Eaglejez estimates that your next set of accounts will show a £40m loss.
Financial advice and predictions from a Palace fan. HAHAHAHA!!!!! Thanks, I needed a decent core workout.

What figures is this "estimate" based on out of interest?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Financial advice and predictions from a Palace fan. HAHAHAHA!!!!! Thanks, I needed a decent core workout.

The post [MENTION=13266]andy1980[/MENTION] was originally replying to was made by a Palace fan, I assume he means Eaglejez is predicting a £40 million loss for Palace.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

I dont know anything about finances I just take note of people who I consider knowledgeable. For palace it's eaglejez and for us it's el pres

I would like to point out when eaglejez speaks about our finances he puts a worst case scenario spin on it, as he showed when he said we would never pass any Ffp because of our loans from Bloom.As we all know we have passed everyone of them except the first one

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I dont know anything about finances I just take note of people who I consider knowledgeable. For palace it's eaglejez and for us it's el pres

I would like to point out when eaglejez speaks about our finances he puts a worst case scenario spin on it, as he showed when he said we would never pass any Ffp because of our loans from Bloom.As we all know we have passed everyone of them except the first one
Yes, as pointed out I got completely the wrong end of the stick. Apologies.

With the state of those Palace accounts I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've made a big loss in the following year. It's only player sales and the Pulis cash that have prevented them making a loss in these published accounts. The wages and player amortisation is eye watering in comparison to turnover.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Even more impressive.

You have to hand it to Apple. Pretty much anyone can use an iphone.
iphone.jpeg

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Yes, as pointed out I got completely the wrong end of the stick. Apologies.

With the state of those Palace accounts I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've made a big loss in the following year. It's only player sales and the Pulis cash that have prevented them making a loss in these published accounts. The wages and player amortisation is eye watering in comparison to turnover.

I think it will be interesting to see how they react to such a huge loss, after all the years they have called us cheats for ours.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My post never implied anything except what I wrote.
As far as I know the accounts are late, I don't know of any other irregularities. I am worried about it? Not in the slightest, because if there is anything wrong then there is precisely sod all that I can do about it.

If we had taken that view in our darkest time then there would be no BHAFC.
It’s your club, have some respect and get involved. It maybe nothing but until you ask the questions you don’t know.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here