Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Common scum who cost the railway millions and keep fares high"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is the most I have been shocked to be honest, separting the scared kids is inhumane the ****er, seemed to be quite pleased with himself, though whether or not this is his policy I havent any idea, found it quite upsetting (sorry to OT the thread)

If I was Mexican I'd happily contribute to a wall cutting Trump off to my country, do everyone a favour

Instead they are co-hosting the 2026 world cup - with America.

Politics is about saying and doing whatever will catch the eye of the majority dead mug sheep who form the electorate to get elected, then doing what you fancy. Being cruel to immigrant 'scum' is probably going down a treat in central Trumpland, whereas in Mexico I would imaginge shoulders are being lightly shrugged.

Perhaps if we in the UK don't like it, the ugly world of America, we could form some sort of alliance with other like minded states, most of which I suspect are located in Europe.

Oh.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How difficult is it to catch someone who signs everything!

The **** who sprayed 'VAMP' all over the railway in London went to jail eventually. Someone recently sprayed over one of his tags near Battersea Dog's Home. I love a bit of Banksy, but there is a massive difference between him and all this other attention seeking old bollocks. 'Vamp' was no 'urban' deprived black boy 'expressing himself' either:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8g7wna/surveyor-dad-graffiti-gang-kingpin-kristian-holmes

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably not - but nonetheless the cost to the TOCs and Network Rail of vandalism and trespass is enormous - it runs to millions of pounds every year. That has to be paid for, so yes, part of what you pay for your ticket does go towards repairing the damage caused by vandals. Anybody who doesn't realise this has to be incredibly dense. Maybe somebody could sort the toilets (and why are they closed, or need to be supervised? Wouldn't be anything to do with vandalism, would it?) and the lifts if they weren't too busy repairing the damage caused by vandals and trespassers.

In my mind the futile cleaning of graffiti is way way down the list of priorities when it comes to the railways. In fact I wouldn’t even worry about it if I was in charge.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good news day then. You're not...............................

Apart from punctuality, cheap fares, comfortable rolling stock, service 365 days of the year, full integration with local public transport, a wide and extensive network, continual investment.... what could someone who uses German trains bring to the party eh?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Apart from punctuality, cheap fares, comfortable rolling stock, service 365 days of the year, full integration with local public transport, a wide and extensive network, continual investment.... what could someone who uses German trains bring to the party eh?
Nationalisation.

But a slovenly, laissez-fair attitude to vandalism would quickly ruin all the good work and good will. Who wants to ride on trains where you can't look out of the window because some twunt has painted over it?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Trying to stop it is a losing battle, just accept it.

Just accept that people can damage property without recourse? Nah, boxxocks, string 'em up! Now I obviously don''t actually want to see petty vandals taken to the gallows, but if you make the penalty fit the crime AND enforce it then maybe these three deaths could have been avoided.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I suppose that’s 3 less vandals the BTP have worry about.
As an earlier poster stated,make the punishment fit the crime,then maybe these directionless individuals would still be alive.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I suppose that’s 3 less vandals the BTP have worry about.
As an earlier poster stated,make the punishment fit the crime,then maybe these directionless individuals would still be alive.

One of these lads was just about to start a university degree in graphic design, so I guess he had some idea of the 'direction' he wanted to go in.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Lots of shit paint everywhere for starters.....

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
One of these lads was just about to start a university degree in graphic design, so I guess he had some idea of the 'direction' he wanted to go in.

That makes this all the more tragic,a degree in graphic design ahead of him and still the urge to vandalise property.
The punishment must fit the crime and then,just maybe these needless tragedies will stop.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That makes this all the more tragic,a degree in graphic design ahead of him and still the urge to vandalise property.
The punishment must fit the crime and then,just maybe these needless tragedies will stop.

As a bit of paint doesn’t harm anyone, or impact the operation of the trains, the punishment will be pretty negligible yes? What do you suggest?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I'd like all of that plus a lot less graffiti.

But actually it's not really an issue specific to the railway system - if it was confined to trains and railway embankments, I could probably live with it. When it's increasingly scrawled all over elegant Regency and Victorian buildings that are an important part of my physical environment and a key reason I like living in B&H, I don't see why I should just accept it as inevitable.

Plus there's a fair amount of evidence that, once an area becomes covered in this kind of detritus, it has a knock-on impact on who chooses to live and work there, how much effort people put in to maintain their properties (both residential and commercial), and it just reinforces a downward spiral of decline. Graffiti isn't the sole reason that London Road is such a dump, and so resistant to the Council's well-meaning but half-arsed attempts to gentrify it and make it 'cool', but it sure as hell doesn't help.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As a bit of paint doesn’t harm anyone, or impact the operation of the trains, the punishment will be pretty negligible yes? What do you suggest?

It’s got to be cleaning up their mess hasn’t it? Buckets and cleaning materials under community service sentences plus a fine to pay for the materials needed. Would be a start anyway. Obviously a damned good thrashing too after 1st offence ;)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A bit of paint doesn’t harm anyone, or impact the operation of your car either - so what slogan would you like scrawled across it? Any particular colour preference?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bit of paint doesn’t harm anyone, or impact the operation of your car either - so what slogan would you like scrawled across it? Any particular colour preference?

i028824.jpg

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Oh I must disagree with you there,’a bit of paint’does a good deal of harm,it makes communities look unloved,it brings a whole area down and above all it shows a total lack of respect for property.
The punishment needs to be financially painful,make the perpetrators pay for all costs,removing it,the hours of delays it causes on railways,every penny.
If this lad had been lucky enough to complete his graphics design degree he may have thought twice about the blight he was enforcing on community if he’d be paying for his ‘bit of paint’ for decades to come.
A punch in the wallet usually focuses minds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here