Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Plenty of people writing off the £22m valuation which is fine.

His value is clearly not going up (like a lot of players’ values do) at this World Cup which is good news for us.

Hopefully we can tie this deal up for a price closer to Locadia or Izquierdo soon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Plenty of people writing off the £22m valuation which is fine.

His value is clearly not going up (like a lot of players’ values do) at this World Cup which is good news for us.

Hopefully we can tie this deal up for a price closer to Locadia or Izquierdo soon.

FAR too much money. I accept that Iran are generally shiite, and bad team mates can drag a good man down, but he hardly looked like a diamond in a coal mine. In today's market, I wouldn't pay more than 3 mill.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FAR too much money. I accept that Iran are generally shiite, and bad team mates can drag a good man down, but he hardly looked like a diamond in a coal mine. In today's market, I wouldn't pay more than 3 mill.

I hate to think of the quality of player we’d have if you held the purse strings :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hate to think of the quality of player we’d have if you held the purse strings :wink:

Pascal Groß would be IN.

Actually I am not against spending lots of money on players - Izzy and and Jurgen, fine.

Maybe its just the idea of this guy.... his history...the requirement that if he turns out to be half decent this would make him the best Iranian player the world has ever seen (unlikely, let's face it)...the fact that none of this hypothetical stuff is matched by any evidence of a huge pile of trees he's already pulled up...and those free kicks wanging over the bar made me think of a not so nippy, not so flarey version of Skalak.....:eek:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Pascal Groß would be IN.

Actually I am not against spending lots of money on players - Izzy and and Jurgen, fine.

Maybe its just the idea of this guy.... his history...the requirement that if he turns out to be half decent this would make him the best Iranian player the world has ever seen (unlikely, let's face it)...the fact that none of this hypothetical stuff is matched by any evidence of a huge pile of trees he's already pulled up...and those free kicks wanging over the bar made me think of a not so nippy, not so flarey version of Skalak.....:eek:

So judging him on one game ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So judging him on one game ?

"Maybe its just the idea of this guy.... his history...the requirement that if he turns out to be half decent this would make him the best Iranian player the world has ever seen (unlikely, let's face it)...the fact that none of this hypothetical stuff is matched by any evidence of a huge pile of trees he's already pulled up"

Yes, yes, judging him on one game. That's it, spot on, well noticed. :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
De Gea had a mare last night is he only worth £3m? your talking nonsense.

Yes, you're right. I'm a fool. The lack of any evidence over the last 3 years that he's anything much is neither here nor there. Sing him up - money no object. :facepalm:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Pascal Groß would be IN.

I now know who you are.

You are Barry Lloyd and I claim my £5.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
"Maybe its just the idea of this guy.... his history...the requirement that if he turns out to be half decent this would make him the best Iranian player the world has ever seen (unlikely, let's face it)...the fact that none of this hypothetical stuff is matched by any evidence of a huge pile of trees he's already pulled up"

Yes, yes, judging him on one game. That's it, spot on, well noticed. :facepalm:

You’ve judged him because he turned us down before, because he didn’t play well yesterday and because he is Iranian

Rather than having formed an opinion on him from watching him play... well done.

I’d imagine you were one of the ones slagging of Ryan, Propper and Groß after the first couple of games

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
His agent should be paying us to take him after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’ve judged him because he turned us down before, because he didn’t play well yesterday and because he is Iranian

Rather than having formed an opinion on him from watching him play... well done.

I’d imagine you were one of the ones slagging of Ryan, Propper and Groß after the first couple of games

If you have watched lots of his games and have the evidence of your eyes that he's actually very good, and therefore have the evidence that my skepticism is missplaced, then you would be right. But I have the feeling that you simply think that there is insufficient evidence on which to base an opinion. That doesn't mean that I'm wrong. And yes, he turned us down before, played badly yesterday and is Iranian, and none of these are reasons for enthusiasm. So I lack enthusiasm. That's all, really. But lack of enthusasm is a good antidote for disappointment when we don't sign him. Much better than getting all excited that we may be about to be signing the Iranian equivalent of Rashid Harkouk.

And no, I don't generlly slag off our players, no. And I won't be slagging off the Iranian if we do sign him. We won't though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd actually like us to sign him.

But it needs to be a sensible offer and accept/decline situation.

Not a 2nd bout of will-he-won't-he, always-signing-tomorrow, string us along, play us like a fiddle shenanigans.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If you have watched lots of his games and have the evidence of your eyes that he's actually very good, and therefore have the evidence that my skepticism is missplaced, then you would be right. But I have the feeling that you simply think that there is insufficient evidence on which to base an opinion. That doesn't mean that I'm wrong. And yes, he turned us down before, played badly yesterday and is Iranian, and none of these are reasons for enthusiasm. So I lack enthusiasm. That's all, really. But lack of enthusasm is a good antidote for disappointment when we don't sign him. Much better than getting all excited that we may be about to be signing the Iranian equivalent of Rashid Harkouk.

And no, I don't generlly slag off our players, no. And I won't be slagging off the Iranian if we do sign him. We won't though.

I think the fact the club have been tracking him for over three years and were prepared to spend a reported £22m on him is an indication of his talent, rather than a single outlying performance. As England have demonstrated for the past 50 years, the World Cup is an unreliable place to get a realistic gauge of a players true potential.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the fact the club have been tracking him for over three years and were prepared to spend a reported £22m on him is an indication of his talent, rather than a single outlying performance. As England have demonstrated for the past 50 years, the World Cup is an unreliable place to get a realistic gauge of a players true potential.

OK, that's a good argument. I hadn't realised we had kept such an ongoing interest after the initial inquirey. I will watch with interest how he performs in the next two games.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
OK, that's a good argument. I hadn't realised we had kept such an ongoing interest after the initial inquirey. I will watch with interest how he performs in the next two games.

His next two games are against Spain and Portugal, so don't expect him to set the tournament alight.

I see a few comments on here saying he has turned us down, but let's not forget that players generally leave negotiations to their agents. We are not big payers and nor are we a big name, so it's understandable his agent will hold out for the best offer he can get, rather than the first offer they receive. It doesn't mean he doesn't want to come, but he is being advised to wait.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Can someone clear this up, did he say no recently or was that back in 2015? ??? Surely we’re a more enticing now than we were then...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here