Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League votes for more live games

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think someone (yet again!) is taking you for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Why is that?

It was in a bar owned by a couple from Manchester and it widely advertised that all Premier games where show on at least one of their 12 screens. He wasnt trying to hide the fact and in fact a taxi driver told me where to go to watch the BHA v West Brom game. I asked if it was all legal and normal tv or a stream and he said he paid £150 per year to Bein Sports to show the games in normal viewing with English commentary and no buffering as with a stream so why should I query that?.

If you go to their website it shows not available in the UK.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I wonder if Bein Sports will try to get it available in the UK as it is in the rest of the world virtually and then offer a year subscription. A pub we visited in Torrevieja showed every Premier game via Bein Sports at a cost of £150 per year to cover all 12 screens that he had,I was told perfectly legally.

My local chippy often has Arabic Bein showing matches on a small TV set up for the staff to watch. Doubt they pay anything for it though..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My local chippy often has Arabic Bein showing matches on a small TV set up for the staff to watch. Doubt they pay anything for it though..

That is possibly the difference, I dont know. They possibly transmit via an Arabic station satellite dish as you cannot get it in the UK I dont think even as a stream but I could be wrong, as no doubt I will be told if that is so.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I would think that an 8pm kick off on a Saturday is one of the least attractive for most supporters who travel to our games as it will mean a Saturday night accommodation for many which is usually one of the most expensive in a seaside resort especially for those using public transport. Kick off times or days do not matter to me but they do to many who I know will miss the Stoke game live because of it. Monday night must be the worst kick off time for supporters other than armchair sky watchers.

Spain and Italy show a Saturday night match at 7.45pm and around half the top-flight French matches start at 7pm. I think the difference is that it's more difficult for the police as it's their busiest time of the week. If more money went to the forces then it could work although getting home as you say, BG, would prove more difficult than in the week.

There'll come a time in a few seasons when every single match in the Premier League is televised.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I wonder if the next step will be to ban away fans, less costs (policing), more money as local fans will be charged more, less aggro in many ways.

I think this is a possibility.

By applying the '10% or 3000, whichever is lower' rule, the PL have shown that they're not too bothered about away fans.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Looks like I'll be THRUSTING my firestick up the back of the spare TV even more often then.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That is possibly the difference, I dont know. They possibly transmit via an Arabic station satellite dish as you cannot get it in the UK I dont think even as a stream but I could be wrong, as no doubt I will be told if that is so.

There's a stream for everything if you look hard enough!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So if 22 more TV games then that's probably one more Saturday 3pm home game lost for us. We're therefore looking at a maximum of 10 Saturdays with league football at The Amex in a year.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why is that?

It was in a bar owned by a couple from Manchester and it widely advertised that all Premier games where show on at least one of their 12 screens. He wasnt trying to hide the fact and in fact a taxi driver told me where to go to watch the BHA v West Brom game. I asked if it was all legal and normal tv or a stream and he said he paid £150 per year to Bein Sports to show the games in normal viewing with English commentary and no buffering as with a stream so why should I query that?.

If you go to their website it shows not available in the UK.
Because BeIN don't have the tv rights in Spain to show these matches, the contract is with Movistar

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because BeIN don't have the tv rights in Spain to show these matches, the contract is with Movistar

Do they allow other companies like Bein to show it as it was a very good reception. I only know it was Bein cos Andy Gray was on it presenting along with Scott Minto summarising. The owner said it was all perfectly legal and not streamed but then as you say he would. t least I will know for next time

Last edited:

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Do they allow other companies like Bein to show it as it was a very good reception. I only know it was Bein cos And Gray was on it presenting along with Scott Minto summarising. The owner said it was all perfectly legal and not streamed but then as you say he would. t least I will know for next time
It's possible there is some kind of deal like that in place, but I can't see that being the case for a commercial contract at that price

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here