Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Carlos Teixara in on loan

Art Morte

Aug 9, 2014
Nice to see Sami use his Liverpool connection!

Teixeira is a quite skillful player, comfortable with the ball and can pick out a pass. Lacks a bit decisiveness and needs the whole team to play well in order to play well himself. Not that I've seen that much of him. Should bring a spark to your team, though.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Looks like a good signing, now all we need now is a decent LB, Striker, Winger and Lingard on loan again :D and we have another **Potential** play off team!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Looks like a good signing, now all we need now is a decent LB, Striker, Winger and Lingard on loan again :D and we have another **Potential** play off team!

Don't get the love for Lingard which appears to be quite widespread on NSC. Sure he improved the more he played, but I'd pick March in front of him any day. Got way more minutes on the pitch than performances deserved in my view.
Each to their own though - just don't quite get it with Jesse..

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Agree, those 4 and we look to be good shape. Providing the quality is high, and the striker very decent.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We've so far signed a mix of players not "unproven kids". Although unlike some clubs we have several highly rated U21 internationals on long new contracts who we've brought through to our first XI...
But so far our signings include A proven championship squad striker, an experienced prem league CB, a young prem league GK, a tier 1 Defensive MF, and now a highly rated MF on loan from Prem league team who nearly won league. None of these players might work out but even compared to 2011/12 business or 12/13 summer window still on paper at least a real advance in terms of pedigree or experience. Always with exception of Vicente. But he will always be a one off (gamble of taking on a highly skilled/volatile/injury prone international that others weren't prepared to go for)

As for JCT All champ clubs will have a loanee or two this season. That's just commonplace now and there's real competition for the youngsters from the top 4 clubs especially for a season long loan deal. We did it with Lingard last year who in 15 games (we lost only 3) helped us into the play offs. This might be a repeat.

This isn't "scratching around" or "appalling" or "panic buying" as another poster described it on the thread. It's sensible stuff for a big Champ club.
Barber insisted again in press reports yesterday that "work continues on securing our remaining targets"
I wish they were already in place too but this
looks good business with more deals to come.

As for the remaining targets, presumably a striker, left back etc and I suspect with a couple of large fees attached (if we're happy to pay 1.5m+ for Clayton or 1m for Stockdale then why wouldn't we be) then wait and see...Sami might not be able to motivate them, he might play the wrong system, he might not pick the best XI (Fenelon ahead of CMS????) , he might suffer from injuries but we are still slowly getting towards a competitive squad and this is another good addition.

NB: Poyet era was lucky with Bridge, even KLL , perhaps Jara/Mattock in loan deals but Painter, Vokes, Hammonds return ?
There was plenty of scepticism about Bridge before he arrived too.

Superb post.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
I have never seen him play but presumably you don't go from Portugal to Liverpool
without talent.
It seems he is an advanced playmaker type of player that can support the main
striker from wide or central positions .If he can score a few as well as make some assists
he is exactly the type of player not only the team needs but also the fans.
I am certainly looking forward to watching him!
just home he gets more time on the pitch than Assulin ( the lad from man city)
I suspect he will with our current squad.
Now next on the wish list
a striker
a left back with stamina and pace
another advanced playmaker
a right back with stamina and pace
a deeper playmaker
in that order if we can't have them all.
And I wouldn't mind more loans quality costs unless a player is near the
end of their contract.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Seems like an exciting young addition to the team! Hopefully a few more quality additions to the squad over the next couple of weeks and our team will start to look slightly more competitive!

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Don't get the love for Lingard which appears to be quite widespread on NSC. Sure he improved the more he played, but I'd pick March in front of him any day. Got way more minutes on the pitch than performances deserved in my view.
Each to their own though - just don't quite get it with Jesse..

Jesse scored more goals than Solly that might explain some peoples preverence

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We've so far signed a mix of players not "unproven kids". Although unlike some clubs we have several highly rated U21 internationals on long new contracts who we've brought through to our first XI...
But so far our signings include A proven championship squad striker, an experienced prem league CB, a young prem league GK, a tier 1 Defensive MF, and now a highly rated MF on loan from Prem league team who nearly won league. None of these players might work out but even compared to 2011/12 business or 12/13 summer window still on paper at least a real advance in terms of pedigree or experience. Always with exception of Vicente. But he will always be a one off (gamble of taking on a highly skilled/volatile/injury prone international that others weren't prepared to go for)

As for JCT All champ clubs will have a loanee or two this season. That's just commonplace now and there's real competition for the youngsters from the top 4 clubs especially for a season long loan deal. We did it with Lingard last year who in 15 games (we lost only 3) helped us into the play offs. This might be a repeat.

This isn't "scratching around" or "appalling" or "panic buying" as another poster described it on the thread. It's sensible stuff for a big Champ club.
Barber insisted again in press reports yesterday that "work continues on securing our remaining targets"

As for the remaining targets, presumably a striker, left back etc and I suspect with a couple of large fees attached (if we're happy to pay 1.5m+ for Clayton or 1m for Stockdale then why wouldn't we be) then wait and see...Sami might not be able to motivate them, he might play the wrong system, he might not pick the best XI (Fenelon ahead of CMS????) , he might suffer from injuries but we are still slowly getting towards a competitive squad and this is another good addition.

NB: Poyet era was lucky with Bridge, even KLL , perhaps Jara/Mattock in loan deals but Painter, Vokes, Hammonds return ?

Post of the year! But wasted on the hysterics. They are like menopausal women before a night out. I have nothing to wear, my bum is big, I have wrinkles, you never support me, you never liked my mother, are you wearing THAT shirt, etc. It amuses me that it is the mouthy, testosterone fuelled ones who are least able to "man up". Things aren't great at the moment but they will get better.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Post of the year! But wasted on the hysterics. They are like menopausal women before a night out. I have nothing to wear, my bum is big, I have wrinkles, you never support me, you never liked my mother, are you wearing THAT shirt, etc. It amuses me that it is the mouthy, testosterone fuelled ones who are least able to "man up". Things aren't great at the moment but they will get better.

:lolol: made me chuckle. It sounds like you have experience of menopausal women!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I wonder what the terms of his loan are, whether they are like Lingards where he has to play, we will find out later

I don't know what details of his loan contract were but given injuries to Orlandi, form of SD, unproven skills of March then Lingard deserved to be picked for those 15 games of last season. He scored several vital goals, penalties and by end was developing a great partnership with Ulloa. And he kept fit. He played those games on merit...

Clubs do ask for game time as part of loan deals but guaranteed first XI ? It's often rumoured but Certainly not something either club has ever publicly stated.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I applaud your effort, you've put a lovely spin on things and will make some feel warm and fuzzy inside. Sadly I don't fall into that category and as far as I can see we still have a tiny and very weak squad and continue to miss out on our long term targets. Obviously if you're right and the club do actual sign some quality everything can change, but right now this squad leaves a lot to be desired.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't know what details of his loan contract were but given injuries to Orlandi, form of SD, unproven skills of March then Lingard deserved to be picked for those 15 games of last season. He scored several vital goals, penalties and by end was developing a great partnership with Ulloa. And he kept fit. He played those games on merit...

Clubs do ask for game time as part of loan deals but guaranteed first XI ? It's often rumoured but Certainly not something either club has ever publicly stated.

:lol: Lingard was average at best. He scored 3 goals for us, which isn't several. It was frustrating seeing him plod about when we could have been further developing our own talent like March.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can we transfer [MENTION=4317]algie[/MENTION] out please? Every thing you say is negative and against the club. Are you like this in life when other things don't go how YOU want them too? Yes we are all a bit p*ssed off with transfer activity but god, you take it to another level. Have you ever been happy?

Or is he just realistic?

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Jesse scored more goals than Solly that might explain some peoples preverence

Granted, but had a longer continuous run in the starting 11 as far as I remember (not checked the stats) and generally in a more advanced position - so not really a fair comparison, at least in my view.
As I said, each to their own, but I'd rather be playing our kids unless someone else's are markedly better and will ensure us better results. I hope Joao fits that bill - I personally do not think that Jesse did.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Never mind all the sensible stuff - even the moaning needs to take a back seat while the big issues are considered.

Is his first name pronounced as in "Joe but with a west country yokel's elongation of the vowels"? Is the J hard or soft or even a gutteral H? And ia the surname pronounced Tessera (as in little bits of mosaic) or is the second syllable "air" and the X pronounced as such or a sybillant "th"?

Forget the football.
Surely these are the issues (along with whether he will have his christian name or surname on the back of his shirt) that need to be discussed!

"working to bring NSC off the ceiling & back down to where it belongs"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here