Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brewdog Brighton - it's happening - it's here!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They're pretty much all the same. The cask ale does change but is overpriced and their pricing on their other mainly non-changing lines is of the piss-taking variety. Their staff, in the main, aren't particularly knowledgeable about what they are selling. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot worse pubs out there but I think something to challenge them would be welcomed.

Most prices in Brighton are taking the piss in my book, most of their cask ales are £3.40- £3.50 which is par really. You pay a bit more for some of the slightly more special ones such as the Burning Sky Printemps but hey thats a local craft beer ! better than a Norwegian APA at £5.80 a half.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
The two bank branches at Preston circus are on their last legs. Barclays is closing in I think January and the Lloyds across the road doesn't look to do much business either. would be surprised if one or other doesn't reopen as a Wetherspoons (or a Brewdog?)

I still think it's one of the strangest aspects of Brighton that there's not yet been a Wetherspoons on London Road. Would have thought the old Blockbusters was a prime location/layout.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Most prices in Brighton are taking the piss in my book, most of their cask ales are £3.40- £3.50 which is par really. You pay a bit more for some of the slightly more special ones such as the Burning Sky Printemps but hey thats a local craft beer ! better than a Norwegian APA at £5.80 a half.

I think I've been a bit over grumpy. They're not bad places and they are better than what was on those sites before. I just don't like the way I know 70% of what's going to be on in one before I go there. I also think they use the fact that there are so many of them in Brighton to get away with some debatable pricing (£5.60 for a Punk IPA is OTT.)

They're a decent half way house between a chain pub and something like the Star or Craft.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

5.80 a half is taking the piss. I'd expect barrel aging as well for that price.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wish they'd announce the Berlin address. I'm going to be utterly depressed if it isn't the venue I believe it is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Brewdog in Leeds is one of the most pretentious, poncy bars I have ever been in. Full of men with beards wittering on about 'punk' lager whilst playing Connect 4.

I can understand where you're coming from but for a lot of us it is nothing other than the beer. Brewdog has a brand and an image which works for them. They also have some bloody excellent beers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can understand where you're coming from but for a lot of us it is nothing other than the beer. Brewdog has a brand and an image which works for them. They also have some bloody excellent beers.

But pricey though. Friends just came back from Belgium loaded with gorgeous beers, i now have a top up of 38 bottles including assorted Kasteels, Cuvee des Trolls,a dozen Straffe Hendik tripels, and, the icing on the cake, 6 Westvleteren 12's all for £50.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But pricey though. Friends just came back from Belgium loaded with gorgeous beers, i now have a top up of 38 bottles including assorted Kasteels, Cuvee des Trolls,a dozen Straffe Hendik tripels, and, the icing on the cake, 6 Westvleteren 12's all for £50.

True but it is quality most of the time. And from memory their core range in their own pubs is reasonably priced.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Here's an idea of likely prices-

feb54ba125eae879d0c41a48bb5680cf.jpg
087b56c97c94d4ccc82effa051664f8e.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Pretentious stuff , special brew anyone
regards
DR

Joking aside, I could not agree with you more.

Yesterday I watched Sunday Brunch and watched Jimmy Bullard's expression when the expert beer critic was explaining how wonderful a 0.5% ABV beer was.

This is just a fad, just like what we saw with flavoured ciders. It's just another chance for breweries to sell overpriced (and often overrated) ale and you're right @prettypinkfairy it's pretentious guff.

Jan 30, 2008

Yesterday I watched Sunday Brunch and watched Jimmy Bullard's expression when the expert beer critic was explaining how wonderful a 0.5% ABV beer was.

This is just a fad, just like what we saw with flavoured ciders. It's just another chance for breweries to sell overpriced (and often overrated) ale and you're right @prettypinkfairy it's pretentious guff.
thank you very much Sir :cheers:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here