Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So what is the new version of the man from Argentina song?,

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I take it the last line has been changed?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
"We don't need a striker anymore" was the last line of the song when it was sung about 10 or so times last night.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"We don't need a striker anymore" was the last line of the song when it was sung about 10 or so times last night.

Wasn't in the section behind the goal, its was difficult to tell really as there were various versions sung but missing Murray was the most predominant

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We dont need a striker anymore was all I heard around me. Which I was fairly impressed with, I think most would have worked this out themselves.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

Yup, I could only hear that being sung, which was a complete shock to be honest.

Wasn't in the section behind the goal, its was difficult to tell really as there were various versions sung but missing Murray was the most predominant

We dont need a striker anymore was all I heard around me. Which I was fairly impressed with, I think most would have worked this out themselves.

You're actually all completely wrong. According to the beer swelling Les Dawson look-a-like next to me last night who, by the way, very weirdly had the singing voice of an angel, it went:

Who's that man from Argentina?
Who's that man we all adore?
Leonardo is his name and he scores a goal a game,
Er er er er er eranymore

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could we not keep the missing Murray line given they almost certainly won't be on the pitch at the same time, and when he hasn't played this season we have missed him?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think we should change the Stephens one to...

Stephens our midfielder
He scored against the Palace...

Then get our own one for Propper

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You're actually all completely wrong. According to the beer swelling Les Dawson look-a-like next to me last night who, by the way, very weirdly had the singing voice of an angel, it went:

Er er er er er eranymore

That's precisely what I could hear on the stream I was watching. It was clear until the final line, when obviously there were so many versions being sung that none stood out!

It's still a bit like that when listening to Sussex-by-the-Sea when the teams run out. Clear and strong until the jumbled versions of going up and stand or fall clash. Although I think the latter is becoming stronger.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Er er er er er eranymore

And We won't mention Murray's V A Teeeeeeee...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Er er er er er eranymore

This sounds remarkably like me apart from the voice of an angel bit. More like Les Dawson's singing voice for me.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Er er er er er eranymore

so the O/P (voice of an angel) was there and knew the answer

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
I always thought it was “we can’t pronounce his name” and “won’t mention Murray anymore”

Think I need my hearing checked.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The last line should be " And we won't mention Murray and the law ". A subtle change and still flows when chanted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here