Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Venice

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks everyone. Some interesting suggestions. And [MENTION=34109]Yes Chef[/MENTION] we have discussed the burgeoning craft scene in Italy; thanks for the tip. [MENTION=338]smudge[/MENTION], is it possible to post or send me your running route somehow? I'd love to have an early morning trot around the city.

I've booked the flights and the Hirst exhibition. Just the hotel to go now.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Thanks everyone. Some interesting suggestions. And [MENTION=34109]Yes Chef[/MENTION] we have discussed the burgeoning craft scene in Italy; thanks for the tip. [MENTION=338]smudge[/MENTION], is it possible to post or send me your running route somehow? I'd love to have an early morning trot around the city.

I've booked the flights and the Hirst exhibition. Just the hotel to go now.

Ok, here's a couple of my runs. Guess which one I got lost on? :lolol:
IMG_0130.PNG
IMG_0131.PNG

However, I'm coming from the cruise terminal, which is not the best of starting points. If you are in the main part of Venice itself, I would head for the park called Parco Delle Rimembranze. Get on the waterfront by St Marks, turn left towards the sea & keep going, you'll see it on your left. Really nice & no crowds.

johnjim

Sep 2, 2008
bexhill
Go on the city pass Venezia unica web site for good info and a free down load map. We went last year for just one day whilst on a cruise, it was superb. A one day water bus ( vaporetto ) pass is 20 euros and gives unlimited hop on and off travel. I think the number one boat is the slow one that stops at every point on the grand canal, if you get on it at the start of it's route at the station you get a superb view and feel for the place, do the whole canal and hop on and off on the return. Top tip, get to the front of the que, even if it means letting the the first one go and waiting for the next, then head straight for the few seats that are outside.
Have fun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here