Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And for @herrtubthumper’s benefit ,

IT WOULDN’T HAPPEN IN AN UBER.

I dread to think what would happen if you claimed you didn’t have any money in an Uber.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I dread to think what would happen if you claimed you didn’t have any money in an Uber.

No because they pre authorise up front so you wouldn’t be able to get in without it

Either way don’t see the issue here, if the lad gets his passport back Monday all good no?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Team Taxi here.

He isn't keeping the passport and if your son was desperate to use it then he had today to sort out paying the driver. You know your son and therefore that it was a genuine error but the taxi driver doesn't.

Concur

Don’t see the issue

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No because they pre authorise up front so you wouldn’t be able to get in without it

Either way don’t see the issue here, if the lad gets his passport back Monday all good no?

So the young lad would have been stranded if he’d chosen Uber. Nice. The proper taxi gets him home and payment is sorted the next day. Team taxi

Hope [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] is reading this.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Cheaper to get a provisional licence than replace a passport if one loses it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So the young lad would have been stranded if he’d chosen Uber. Nice. The proper taxi gets him home and payment is sorted the next day. Team taxi

If the young lad had told the taxi he did get, that he didn’t have the money upfront would he have still taken him ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the young lad had told the taxi he did get, that he didn’t have the money upfront would he have still taken him ?

With guarantees I’m sure they would.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
At least he didn't offer to waive the fare for a blowjob.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Dad used to be a Cabby for years...took passports, driving licences, watches, entire wallets, phones, all sorts if morons couldn’t pay. Seems VERY fair to me. If you plan to pay, what’s the problem. Give the guy some sort of collateral confidence. No harm done. Get over your own sense of importance and consider someone else for a change. Poor blokes just trying to earn a living. Your son learnt a valuable lesson from the cabby (not you) about the minimum consideration and respect he should give to others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Update: guy said he will return passport tomorrow for a £15 premium on a £10 fare. Plus I'm guessing he will need to cancel that passport and get a new one.

Jimmy Grimble

Tell your son to do a runner next time...

*puts on hard hat*

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Dad used to be a Cabby for years...took passports, driving licences, watches, entire wallets, phones, all sorts if morons couldn’t pay. Seems VERY fair to me. If you plan to pay, what’s the problem. Give the guy some sort of collateral confidence. No harm done. Get over your own sense of importance and consider someone else for a change. Poor blokes just trying to earn a living. Your son learnt a valuable lesson from the cabby (not you) about the minimum consideration and respect he should give to others.

Interesting viewpoint.

A mate and I got a lift home from a black cab driver once. Unfortunately, my mate dropped his mobile phone in the cab. When we called it the cabbie answered and said he would drive it over to us for £60.

We reported the thieving *******.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Wouldn't happen in an uber...

Uber, Uber Deutschland und alles.

f452c7aefd72a6f52b36705c8015464e.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm intrigued to know how they pre-authorise when they don't know what the fare is going to be ?

A colleague of mine took an Uber and her payment bounced but only after she'd left the cab. Her Uber account was locked until she paid what was owed. So I don't believe they do pre-authorise.

meeching gull

Sep 18, 2010
Boat Alley
Update: guy said he will return passport tomorrow for a £15 premium on a £10 fare. Plus I'm guessing he will need to cancel that passport and get a new one.

As a cab driver this is bang out of order. Offer him the fare if he wants more report to local council. I was team taxi diver till I read that post Do not cancel the passport

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here