Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Who can forget the night he was trending on Twitter, after scoring a penalty at Blackburn in the 94th minute? Cool as a cucumber.

I'm a bag of nerves during a game. When we get a penalty I can hardly bear to watch.
We've had a fair few howlers over the years, which hasn't helped. Even now with Hemed, I'm convinced he's going to fail to send the keeper the wrong way, and roll it into his waiting arms.

But on that evening, the minute I heard that Spanish Dave was stepping up to take the penalty, I knew he'd score.

The hero-worship of Dave culminated with that freekick. But it started a good while before, for many of us.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm a bag of nerves during a game. When we get a penalty I can hardly bear to watch.
We've had a fair few howlers over the years, which hasn't helped. Even now with Hemed, I'm convinced he's going to fail to send the keeper the wrong way, and roll it into his waiting arms.

But on that evening, the minute I heard that Spanish Dave was stepping up to take the penalty, I knew he'd score.

The hero-worship of Dave culminated with that freekick. But it started a good while before, for many of us.

Yes, indeed. I was there at that Blackburn game. CKR had taunted us, a person on our coach was punched, a well known Brighton fan was racially abused and we looked like getting absolutely nothing that night. To get a point at the death, was the only bright spot of the whole evening.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, indeed. I was there at that Blackburn game. CKR had taunted us, a person on our coach was punched, a well known Brighton fan was racially abused and we looked like getting absolutely nothing that night. To get a point at the death, was the only bright spot of the whole evening.
I can only assume that person on the coach wasn't [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION] then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here