Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TODAYS BIG CONVERSATION: War with Russia

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Usual bunch of sensitive flowers.

I think people are just confused by what an enigma you are. On the face of it you seem to be like any other fan, born and bred in Brighton. However every time there is a mention of Russia you pop up with a load of pro-Russian propaganda like we have our very own spokesperson from the Kremlin on the board! It seems strange that someone living in Brighton would take the time to learn about and rehearse the Russian position on absolutely everything and for what reason? Why on earth for example would anyone even think to post youtube videos of fighting in the Ukraine parliament to try to suggest a view that they are fascists? There are two sides to every story in every situation but you seem to be so entrenched in your views on Russia that it just doesn't make sense.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Incidents of violence from the House of Commons during that well known period between 1920 and 1975 when we were a fascist state.

22nd November 1920
The day after Bloody Sunday, Irish Nationalist Joseph Devlin MP raised the matter of the massacre in the House after Sir William Davison MP asked the Prime Minister David Lloyd George to express support for British troops in Ireland. Devlin was immediately assaulted by John Molson MP who physically pulled him over the bench. The Speaker suspended the session for 15 minutes after which Molson apologised and Devlin asked his question again and was answered by the PM.

11th April 1923
The Government attempted to push through a motion that had been defeated the day before, to do with employment of ex-servicemen from WW1. The Opposition refused to let the debate proceed without a change in Government policy on ex-servicemen, and a fight broke out.

2nd July 1931
John McGovern MP asked a question relating to the arrest of lay preachers in Glasgow. After asking and being answered he continued to stand, demanding the release of the preachers and refusing the Speaker's direction to return to his seat. The Speaker called on the Serjeant-at-Arms to remove him, but James Maxton MP, John Beckett MP and John Kinley MP came to McGovern's aid, and fought with the Serjeant and his assistants.

4th March 1975
Nigel Lawson MP hit Clinton Davis MP with his Order Paper during a heated debate over government subsidies to motorcycle manufacturer Norton Villiers Triumph.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Incidents of violence from the House of Commons during that well known period between 1920 and 1975 when we were a fascist state.

22nd November 1920
The day after Bloody Sunday, Irish Nationalist Joseph Devlin MP raised the matter of the massacre in the House after Sir William Davison MP asked the Prime Minister David Lloyd George to express support for British troops in Ireland. Devlin was immediately assaulted by John Molson MP who physically pulled him over the bench. The Speaker suspended the session for 15 minutes after which Molson apologised and Devlin asked his question again and was answered by the PM.

11th April 1923
The Government attempted to push through a motion that had been defeated the day before, to do with employment of ex-servicemen from WW1. The Opposition refused to let the debate proceed without a change in Government policy on ex-servicemen, and a fight broke out.

2nd July 1931
John McGovern MP asked a question relating to the arrest of lay preachers in Glasgow. After asking and being answered he continued to stand, demanding the release of the preachers and refusing the Speaker's direction to return to his seat. The Speaker called on the Serjeant-at-Arms to remove him, but James Maxton MP, John Beckett MP and John Kinley MP came to McGovern's aid, and fought with the Serjeant and his assistants.

4th March 1975
Nigel Lawson MP hit Clinton Davis MP with his Order Paper during a heated debate over government subsidies to motorcycle manufacturer Norton Villiers Triumph.

Dennis Skinner has had his moments in the House of Commons.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just hope it's not a PR Disaster like the one a few years ago where a certain gender were crying cos they were missing home so much !!
Best ever series was Sailor back in the 70's
Then it was a proper man's world in the Mob

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 117

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And why was Crimea important to us? It was a Turkey Russian issue and Turkey was our enemy in WWII.
No they weren't.
Let's give back Gibraltar
Gibraltar was ceded to Britain in a treaty over 300 years ago. Its been under British protection for longer than any other claim to it. It's now independent, with British protection, and the people there want that to remain the case. Spain has no claim over it.
and the Falklands.
Give back the Falklands to whom? We were there before Argentina was a country.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think people are just confused by what an enigma you are. On the face of it you seem to be like any other fan, born and bred in Brighton. However every time there is a mention of Russia you pop up with a load of pro-Russian propaganda like we have our very own spokesperson from the Kremlin on the board! It seems strange that someone living in Brighton would take the time to learn about and rehearse the Russian position on absolutely everything and for what reason? Why on earth for example would anyone even think to post youtube videos of fighting in the Ukraine parliament to try to suggest a view that they are fascists? There are two sides to every story in every situation but you seem to be so entrenched in your views on Russia that it just doesn't make sense.

It's called adding balance and pointing out double standards and hypocrisy. If Russia hands over to Crimea to Ukraine NATO will set up their bases there. So on that basis why on earth would Russia fold on it?

All I commit to is stating that it is wrong to warmonger from the sidelines and give finance and confidence to one side of our backing. A lesson learned from Syria maybe if not Iraq and Libya? When we encouraged the Wahabbi rebels, also sponsored by our buddies from the Arab states, to topple a state from the inside and out. Pointing out our bad behaviour on the world stage is not support for Putin but I know it triggers posters on here, and that's why I am happy to play that card.

The videos were not there as proof of a fascist state. I believe I said that Russia was more stable than the Ukraine and I gave an example of their parliament. .

I hope this helps.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How much sea time did you do then ???

16 hours on a sweeper over two days, Gosport ferry, Isle of Wight ferry, and a few hours on Resolution.

Seriously I joined up in the 60s and wasn't given the opportunity but would've jumped at it. The first Wren to die in WW1 died on a ship being sunk, Josephine Carr.

Commander Eleanor Stack is doing a great job, even putting the Turkish pilot in his place. I like to think I helped pave the way as did others over the last 101 years.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
16 hours on a sweeper over two days, Gosport ferry, Isle of Wight ferry, and a few hours on Resolution.

Seriously I joined up in the 60s and wasn't given the opportunity but would've jumped at it. The first Wren to die in WW1 died on a ship being sunk, Josephine Carr.

Commander Eleanor Stack is doing a great job, even putting the Turkish pilot in his place. I like to think I helped pave the way as did others over the last 101 years.
Women at sea have ruined the Navy.
Can't do a man's job on ships as they aren't physically strong enough.
Male officers can't dish out bollockings as women burst into tears and claim sexual discrimination.
Women refusing to do jobs and in that way risking lives.
( I've witnessed that )

And before you say how do I know these facts, I had a son in the navy and spent two years working on ships in Plymouth Dockyard speaking to serving personal

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Women at sea have ruined the Navy.
Can't do a man's job on ships as they aren't physically strong enough.
Male officers can't dish out bollockings as women burst into tears and claim sexual discrimination.
Women refusing to do jobs and in that way risking lives.
( I've witnessed that )

And before you say how do I know these facts, I had a son in the navy and spent two years working on ships in Plymouth Dockyard speaking to serving personal

My friend is a current serving Surgeon Lieutenant who saved a Canadian fisherman's life.

Go tell it to the Marines.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It's called adding balance and pointing out double standards and hypocrisy. If Russia hands over to Crimea to Ukraine NATO will set up their bases there. So on that basis why on earth would Russia fold on it?

All I commit to is stating that it is wrong to warmonger from the sidelines and give finance and confidence to one side of our backing. A lesson learned from Syria maybe if not Iraq and Libya? When we encouraged the Wahabbi rebels, also sponsored by our buddies from the Arab states, to topple a state from the inside and out. Pointing out our bad behaviour on the world stage is not support for Putin but I know it triggers posters on here, and that's why I am happy to play that card.

The videos were not there as proof of a fascist state. I believe I said that Russia was more stable than the Ukraine and I gave an example of their parliament. .

I hope this helps.

It doesn't help as your approach is far from balanced, in just a few posts you have thrown a huge amount of largely unrelated issues at this thread, from Northern Ireland, Gibraltar, Falkland Islands, Syria and Sunni Wahhabism(your favourite topic!) you even included Stalin, the 2nd world war and even had a quick bash at rewriting history!

Its a typical ploy used to redirect the argument to another issue to which the person doing the redirecting can better respond.

In fact you are throwing so much mud you appear to be struggling to remember what you said so for the record:

In Post 51, You claimed that Ukraine is a facist state.
In post 58, you were challenged about that statement specifically.
In post 61, you posted those videos as a direct response to that challenge.

So not at all balanced and pretty sensationalist behaviour.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's called adding balance and pointing out double standards and hypocrisy. If Russia hands over to Crimea to Ukraine NATO will set up their bases there

not really doing anything to dissuade from the accusation your citing Russian propaganda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here