Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the old Albion programme king on here?

Ive just had a clear out and have come across two old programmes from the Goldstone; Albion v Walsall league match on 9th Auguat 1969 and Albion v Walsall FA Cup second round game 6th December 1969.

They're no use to me (having just read them) but I'm pretty sure there is someone on here who had thousands of programmes who might be interested in them but I can't remember who that was. Can anybody help?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ive just had a clear out and have come across two old programmes from the Goldstone; Albion v Walsall league match on 9th Auguat 1969 and Albion v Walsall FA Cup second round game 6th December 1969.

They're no use to me (having just read them) but I'm pretty sure there is someone on here who had thousands of programmes who might be interested in them but I can't remember who that was. Can anybody help?

I have that Walsall game programme, it was the first league game to be played at The Goldstone after I was born, my uncle got it for me.

I have that Walsall game programme, it was the first league game to be played at The Goldstone after I was born, my uncle got it for me.

Any idea who won? Pretty decent side in the programme. Not sure if I was there or not, I was working in a hotel in London in 1969.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well the driver of the Walsall team coach wouldn't have needed a map for their game on 6th December anyway!

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Also having a clear out soon... what to do with old programmes, mostly from the 70s?

Collectors would have them all, but I'd hate to dump them in the recycling.

Where would be a good home?

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Game v Walsall was the first ever competitive game I saw (watched them the week before in a friendly vs a Gibralter eleven for my first ever game)

It wasn't Bertrams by any chance?

No it was a hotel in Seven Sisters Road which isn't there any more.

The best thing was on one Saturday the Arsenal players came into the bar after each game and a main director of Spurs came in on alternative Saturdays.

So I got a free ticlet for Arsenal one week and a seat in the directors box at Spurs the next.

So I probably wasn't at the Albion v Walsall game that I have a programme for.

Bad fan!!

Actually just got home, and had a route through my old programmes and I can’t find the Walsall one, it was in folder.
So I would love it

OK if you PM your details I'll bung it in the post. Do you want both or just the league one? If you only want the league one [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] will probably take the cup one. He did post to say he'd take both but PM'd me to say he'd be happy to let you have it as it was your first game.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
My dad used to do the cartoons in the late 70s - payment was free entry for dad and son - good commercial decision resulting in his son’s and grandsons’ adulation and expenditure over the following 40 years.

So if anyone is throwing away programmes of that era feel free to scan and post Cyril and Cecil the C-gulls cartoon strips before you bin. So bad they were good.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
OK if you PM your details I'll bung it in the post. Do you want both or just the league one? If you only want the league one [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] will probably take the cup one. He did post to say he'd take both but PM'd me to say he'd be happy to let you have it as it was your first game.

Done, just the 9th August one, young AmexRuslip sent me a PM last night, thanks superstar

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here