Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Camouflaged hunter tracks, shoots, and kills a...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
They certainly don't eat all the meat that they kill - they seem to eat some but certainly not all, in the last three weeks they have killed at least two musk ox, three stags, two hares and two goats - they are not killing for food to survive, they are killing for fun and I think that is what gets most people. A lot of the animals that they kill need to be culled as the entire population would starve otherwise but to take pleasure from the deaths of these animals seems distasteful to many.

I don't think it is hypocritical to eat meat but at the same time find people killing for pleasure wrong and I certainly don't think killing a goat with a high-powered rifle requires any courage.

I take pleasure from a great bit tasty steak.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Well maybe next time the people who don't like hunting can stay away from those who do and mind their own business.

Unless they are just POS who want be triggered and to bully others online.

Hunting is never going to go away so these hypocritical cry babies should probably just accept that.

You infer that what other people do to animals is of no concern to those not taking part. The obvious question is why do you not consider it other people’s business? Are you really suggesting that we should be allowed to do whatever we like to an animal without facing judgement from others?

You then go on to say that ‘hunting’ is never going to go away - there are plenty of grounds to suggest that hunting for ‘fun’ is very likely to ‘go away’ - the numbers partaking have fallen steadily and more and more people find the killing of animals for pleasure something that is not to be admired.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You infer that what other people do to animals is of no concern to those not taking part. The obvious question is why do you not consider it other people’s business? Are you really suggesting that we should be allowed to do whatever we like to an animal without facing judgement from others?

What I do in my life is none of your business. Just as what you do in your life is none of mine.

These hunters did absolutely nothing wrong yet we have a bunch of cock heads bullying them. Are you saying you're all for online bullying?

You then go on to say that ‘hunting’ is never going to go away - there are plenty of grounds to suggest that hunting for ‘fun’ is very likely to ‘go away’ - the numbers partaking have fallen steadily and more and more people find the killing of animals for pleasure something that is not to be admired.

Yeah the two points you make are not linked.

Supermarkets with huge sections of meat killed of course by someone else are the reason hunting has dropped.

The % of trophy hunters was always small so there's zero way you can know what % of hunters fall into that category.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It’s not hunting though. It’s a case of target shouting with animals. In most cases the hides are made for them, they are situated where the ‘targets’ sleep/rest. Any of us with a few days practice and a good quality rifle could snag us a lion/goat ..... really a ****ing goat!!!!!

I don't think this is true.

It's really not that easy or simple.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What I do in my life is none of your business. Just as what you do in your life is none of mine.

These hunters did absolutely nothing wrong yet we have a bunch of cock heads bullying them. Are you saying you're all for online bullying?

the internet is ridiculing them, and they deserve it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Bullying?
FFS they left themselves wide open for getting abuse.

“Oh look at this beautiful goat” tweets the female hunter...
Yes the one you have just shot you silly grumble and grunt.

“Well done Jason, have a gold medal for shooting another goat”
Says another tweet for all to see.

Not sure which part you are struggling with.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Depends on what you do in your life. Carry out an act that other people find offensive and then decide to make that act public and you are making it other people’s business. If you don’t want other people to know about your “business” then don’t broadcast details on the World Wide Web.

In your opinion they did nothing wrong, in other people's view what they did was morally wrong. I don’t support bullying in any way but stating your opposition to an act of which you don’t approve is not bullying.

Yeah the two points you make are not linked.

Supermarkets with huge sections of meat killed of course by someone else are the reason hunting has dropped.

The % of trophy hunters was always small so there's zero way you can know what % of hunters fall into that category.

The amount of meat on supermarket shelves has hardly risen dramatically over the last twenty or thirty years. You are grasping at straws suggesting that as a reason for the fall in all types of hunting. In any case the consumption of meat resulting from hunting has in modern times and in relative terms been a tiny proportion of all meat available.

When it comes to big game trophy hunting there are figures for the number of permits granted.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I wouldn't. Setting up a scope isn't easy for one. Knowing how wind impacts a bullet's trajectory another.

Taken friends out hunting before who've never used a gun and they couldn't get close to hitting anything with their skill levels.

Firstly you need to spend time on a range for target practice, secondly the type of hunter that we read about now a days get set up by people who really know their stuff. Animals are close and tend to be be resting. It’s nodifferent to hitting a target on the range. The skill is the same, the only difference is that nothing dies.

If the wind is that much of an issue then it’s not a day for shooting. The situations where it would be necessary to take a shot where wind is a problem is either at a competition shoot or where the target isn’t an animal .........

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Firstly you need to spend time on a range for target practice, secondly the type of hunter that we read about now a days get set up by people who really know their stuff. Animals are close and tend to be be resting. It’s nodifferent to hitting a target on the range. The skill is the same, the only difference is that nothing dies.

If the wind is that much of an issue then it’s not a day for shooting. The situations where it would be necessary to take a shot where wind is a problem is either at a competition shoot or where the target isn’t an animal .........

When was the last time you went hunting and what were you hunting? Nothing you are saying seems anything like what it's like out in the field.

Range shooting is nothing like field shooting. Its like saying driving a Prius will make you a capable F1 driver. Range to field the variables and skills required are a log way apart.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
When was the last time you went hunting and what were you hunting? Nothing you are saying seems anything like what it's like out in the field.

Range shooting is nothing like field shooting. Its like saying driving a Prius will make you a capable F1 driver. Range to field the variables and skills required are a log way apart.

Shot rabbit, pigeons and pheasants in my teen years. I spent a fair bit of time on ranges in the military. An ex matelots that I know spent a number of years in South Africa and witnessed some of these hunters in action .... he wasn’t impressed. Apparently you couldn’t miss!
Now if you were culling deer then there is a hell of a lot of skill involved. Its not easy and to be honest I wouldn’t attempt it as I’m not confident of making a clean kill. I’m also way out of practice!!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i think the point is they were on the equivalent of a Red Letter Day, driving a Ferrari road car round Dunsfold Park

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Shot rabbit, pigeons and pheasants in my teen years. I spent a fair bit of time on ranges in the military. An ex matelots that I know spent a number of years in South Africa and witnessed some of these hunters in action .... he wasn’t impressed. Apparently you couldn’t miss!
Now if you were culling deer then there is a hell of a lot of skill involved. Its not easy and to be honest I wouldn’t attempt it as I’m not confident of making a clean kill. I’m also way out of practice!!!!

Didn't these hunters kill deer? That would indicate they aren't some entry level hunters.

Would it be safe to say that shotgun hunting is quite common in the UK?

Due to distances and game hunted rifles are far in the majority in the likes of the US and Australia.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here