Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game nostalgia

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The only football game in history where you could escape bookings by running from the ref.

Real football should introduce this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
and....

P1010686.JPG

I'd forgotten that one! :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fairlight, Robin of the Wood and Dizzy series for Speccy.
If you are a fan of the Oliver Twins then keep an eye out on Chris Wilkins as he is planning to make a book based on the history of the Oliver Twins and I believe one of the pledge levels he is planning for the Kickstarter is for them to design a new Dizzy game for the old systems.

http://www.fusionretrobooks.com/

Also, I know there are a few fans of the original Football Manager by Kevin Toms. He has just started work on recreating it for modern systems after finishing on his IOS Football Coach game.

https://twitter.com/KevinToms/status/641685112258699264

And finally for Amiga fans, there is a follow up film to From Bedrooms to Billions focusing just on the Amiga.

http://www.frombedroomstobillions.com/amiga

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Final Fantasy VII
Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Champ Man/(now) Football Manager

Monopoly

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good shout. Escalado was brilliant. My grandad taught me to bet, playing Escalado.

As a kid, on the final day of the school year we were able to bring games in to play. My best mate brought in his Escalado set, and by the end of the day we had made more sweet and crisps than we knew what to do with. Oh the joys of under-aged gambling. I guess in this instance we were the equivalent of the bookmakers.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fifa international on the Megadrive. The only football game in history where you could escape bookings by running from the ref.

Or stand in front of the keeper and block his drop kick.

This was my favourite mega drive game too, as the game had no licenced players or commentary I used to do my own as England. I think one of the England Strikers was called McClair, he would always bang them in.

My Favourite game though was Mario 64 me my two brothers and my Dad would sit up until the early hours playing battle mode.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Oh, and Bagatelle, something like that.
Anyone know what I mean?
I had a Bagatelle round my nan's house and played it for hours. Sadly the woodworm got it. :(

Was this one but with a scoreboard on the bottom.

c v bagatelle.JPG

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Computers didn't exist when I was a lad.
So Monopoly, Cluedo and Scrabble..... along with good old cards - whist, bridge, rummy, canasta, crib and others at my grandfather's knee.
Then when our kids came along, we all really liked Manic Miner.
Have now reverted back to Scrabble (albeit on an ipad) and playing cards.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Final Fantasy VII
Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Champ Man/(now) Football Manager

Monopoly

You're a child of my time, [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION].
All of these plus Sonic,Bomber Man, Tekken 2 etc.
Think Champ Manager 97/98 was the first one I played at [MENTION=3761]El Turi[/MENTION]'s house, 10 years before the 'see the game' concept came along and when a season took a mere 12 hours or so.

For non-computer: I can't believe that Scalextric has yet to be mentioned. Hours of flying-off-track fun.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
If you are a fan of the Oliver Twins then keep an eye out on Chris Wilkins as he is planning to make a book based on the history of the Oliver Twins and I believe one of the pledge levels he is planning for the Kickstarter is for them to design a new Dizzy game for the old systems.
http://www.fusionretrobooks.com/

Thanks for the information! I recently got an SD-box--that's a device that allows connecting a micro SD card to a Commodore 64 and use it as if it was a 1541 disk drive, so I'm currently playing all the great 8-bit classics in their C64 versions. I hope they will make something similar for Spectrum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here