Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hill denies all knowledge of charges - Duckenfield in court next Thursday to contest stay.

D

Deleted User X18H

.. being removed.

Andy Hill smirked for the cameras and told the judge he had no idea about the charges brought against him.

His apparent smugness is sickening

David Duckenfield will use tax payer money to contest his 2000 stay from prosecution being lifted so he can be formally be charged with manslaughter and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
.. being removed.

Andy Hill smirked for the cameras and told the judge he had no idea about the charges brought against him.

His apparent smugness is sickening

David Duckenfield will use tax payer money to contest his 2000 stay from prosecution being lifted so he can be formally be charged with manslaughter and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

I'm not going to defend Hill but is that accurate reporting or just your slant on proceedings. Surely at this stage he was merely asked whether he was pleading guilty or not?

Edit. Seen another report where he stated "I’m sorry, for various reasons I don’t know anything about the charges.” Then he was given advice and pleaded not guilty. Does anyone else state he smirked?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will back Tim here. Something very distasteful about all of this. The bloke for me is bang to rights

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The fact that he pleaded not guilty shows no remorse or accountability. I hope they throw everything at him so the families can get some justice.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'm not going to defend Hill but is that accurate reporting or just your slant on proceedings. Surely at this stage he was merely asked whether he was pleading guilty or not?

Edit. Seen another report where he stated "I’m sorry, for various reasons I don’t know anything about the charges.” Then he was given advice and pleaded not guilty. Does anyone else state he smirked?

Having seen the news earlier he did appear to have a smirk on his face as he walked into court past the cameras.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bloke did a suicidal move and seems he thinks he is not to blame. Shown ZERO remorse since from what I have seen. Let justice take it's course

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a senstive subject especially here. But Andy Hill has to face what he did

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Having seen the news earlier he did appear to have a smirk on his face as he walked into court past the cameras.

Saw the report on South Today. Wouldn' t describe him as smirking when he walked past the cameras. Sure he'll go down for this but no doubt his pleas were on the advice of counsel.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Saw the report on South Today. Wouldn' t describe him as smirking when he walked past the cameras. Sure he'll go down for this but no doubt his pleas were on the advice of counsel.

I saw it on South East Today. I thought he had a smirk on his face as he walked in. He didn't on the way out. I'd put it all down to the awkwardness of having the media glare on him for the first time as he turned up at court though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I saw it on South East Today. I thought he had a smirk on his face as he walked in. He didn't on the way out. I'd put it all down to the awkwardness of having the media glare on him for the first time as he turned up at court though.

That's fair enough but Tim's original reporting was suggesting total disregard for what happened and/or the victims.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The fact that he pleaded not guilty shows no remorse or accountability. I hope they throw everything at him so the families can get some justice.

I understand the sensitivity about this, but as a more general opinion I'm usually quite happy a trial takes place.

More will come out to ensure it never happens again.

It also allows proper journalists to report on what happens in proceedings, rather than what was observed outside the court.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You just needed to see the film really

I thought you were a cinematography expert, not an aviation one! The film of the incident isn't going to tell you whether something in the aircraft failed. It isn't going to tell you whether he was authorised to do that stunt, it isn't going to tell you whether those in charge of the display were aware what he was going to do.

A full investigation is needed so that you don't apportion blame purely on emotions. They've done that and the CPS have now decided there is enough to prosecute. They'd look a bit stupid if they convicted him within days only to find out that he'd been given the green light to perform it where he did or if something had failed on the aircraft causing it not to complete the loop!!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I want to see justice for the families, but it may be the injuries he received have affected his memory.

As the press will know, this is sub judice, so we shouldn't be speculating about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I want to see justice for the families, but it may be the possible outcomes of the legal proceedings have affected his memory.

As the press will know, this is sub judice, so we shouldn't be speculating about it.

Amended for you. Just wondering, like......

(NB. That's wondering, not speculating!}

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought you were a cinematography expert, not an aviation one! The film of the incident isn't going to tell you whether something in the aircraft failed. It isn't going to tell you whether he was authorised to do that stunt, it isn't going to tell you whether those in charge of the display were aware what he was going to do.

A full investigation is needed so that you don't apportion blame purely on emotions. They've done that and the CPS have now decided there is enough to prosecute. They'd look a bit stupid if they convicted him within days only to find out that he'd been given the green light to perform it where he did or if something had failed on the aircraft causing it not to complete the loop!!

The law allows for human error. I agree with you, what needs to be proved is whether that error was negligent or not.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm so very glad that 'innocent until proven guilty' is so well observed still .... oh :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here