Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
It's quite conceivable that Hudds don't pick up another point (it was a real blow them getting a 90th minute winner today). They have Everton at home, then Man City & Chelsea away, and Arsenal at home. The only prob is that Arsenal will be 100% on the beach by then, so who knows. I can also see Swansea getting nothing from their next three - Man City (Away), Chelsea (Home), then Bournemouth (Away). That would make Swansea v Southampton on 8th May absolutely huge. It's a day before we play Man City....not sure if that will help!!

Quite incredible Huddersfield managed one shot on goal in the whole game today which was the winner in the 90th minute. Equally incredible is that we couldn’t even beat them or Palarse today and yet some on here think we will still beat one of the top 7 teams! I am really worried.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite incredible Huddersfield managed one shot on goal in the whole game today which was the winner in the 90th minute. Equally incredible is that we couldn’t even beat them or Palarse today and yet some on here think we will still beat one of the top 7 teams! I am really worried.

Arsenal might be thrown at you, but the top 5 sweep this Albion team aside with ease.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Southampton should have won today. Our old friend Mr Robert Dean waved play on when he could have given Stains a penalty and luckily Laurent Courtois made a good save. That would have made it 3-0 and I don't think Chelsea would have come back from that.

Obviously we're all hoping that Claude Puel fires up Leicester on Thursday to take revenge on Southampton for sacking him, but I'm not sure we can count on that.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Why is that glass half empty ? It’s a realistic and reasonable opinion.
It’s us or saints.
We have the seven point gap , they have a much easier run in.
And our odds have narrowed today. 9/1 inside bet365 website (even though it still says 14s if you google it).
Glass half empty view would be - we are down already. I’m not saying that, I’m saying I see us as favourites to take third spot.
I just hope the boys have got something left. I had today down as our most likely win.
I hope he starts Anthony in the run in . He is the kind of character we need
From the start they were up for it. We were content to be pinned back with no ambition giving the ball back. A familiar stony,. That is why we need to invest in a strong aggressive midfield

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Tough one to take today but we brought it on ourselves after the poor start.

AK made a welcome positive impact. Stephens did well to keep his head too after chancing his luck a few times on the yellow in the first half.

We'll go again, the gap may be less than 7 this time next week but let's keep the faith.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To get 1 point from our last 9 would be one hell of a stumble considering how well we've played all season - I'm sure there's still points out there for us
None v palace and & 1 v Huddersfield would suggest otherwise.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

AK made a welcome positive impact. Stephens did well to keep his head too after chancing his luck a few times on the yellow in the first half.

We'll go again, the gap may be less than 7 this time next week but let's keep the faith.
Stephens for me was once again the weak link. Culpable for the first goal., fails to exert control.. And just jogs around instructing others without getting involved. Really wish we had offloaded him to Burnley

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]985239240253390848[/tweet]

He's not wrong.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stephens for me was once again the weak link. Culpable for the first goal., fails to exert control.. And just jogs around instructing others without getting involved. Really wish we had offloaded him to Burnley

He's ok as a sub or back up but I'm sure we'll get better in the middle next season as kayal and Stephens are quality championship midfielders.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So shite a point was almost snatched?
We were shite. A point almost snatched verses the square root of eff all is still no point. Yes, we were shite.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

What was the positive impact from Knocky?
He singularly failed to deliver a decent cross or corner or free kick into the box. Failed to carve out any opportunities for himself and loused up a two on one, when he should have put JI through. Admittedly he looked better than Locadia but then so would I have done.
Stephens was shocking in the first 30 mins and one of the main reasons we lost the game.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
I’m worried, I can’t see us getting any more points so we have a month ahead where our survival or relegation depends on others. At least in the playoffs and last season the team could exert some influence on our situation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here