Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester City (home) ratings

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ryan - 6 - nothing to do.
Bong - 7 - Really good performance. Should have scored that late chance, marked down for that.
Schelotto - 7 - Another excellent performance
Dunk - 7 - Defensively solid as always.
Duffy - 7 - Some lovely passes throughout the game
Kayal 6 - hard working and combatative- decent without being overly effective
Propper - 7.5 MOTM - He really is class.
Izqueirdo - 7 Dangerous player - Not at his absolute best, but scared the life out of them
Locadia - 7 - Not sure what all the negativity is - he was mustard in the first half, playing out of position. Showed some decent pace and skill too.
Gross - 7 - I think that might be his first ever game without a Cruyff turn - anyone catch a glimpse of one?
Murray - 5 - A day to forget for Glenn - should have had 2 goals and the points sewn up.

March - 7 Should have started in my view - had a great 20 minute cameo. Will be hoping for a start against Huddersfield.
Baldock - 6 - Great to see him on the pitch again, but too late to have any real impact.

But not marked down for letting their goal scorer have a free header....again, abysmal crossing when really well placed........seems like people see what they want to see.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I just watched the extended highlights on sky and I think people are being a bit harsh on Bong for the first goal. He should have done better, no doubt, but it looks like Gross was marking the leicester player, then wandered forward just before the cross came in leaving him free, Bong noticed he was free and had to adjust to cover him and was doing that when the ball came in.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Propper's 'clearance' for their goal seems to be OK though? Had he put his foot through that, as he should have, we would be discussing a nil-nil draw.

Agreed Bong had a shocker IMO and that miss at the end (did he close his eyes?) was possibly our worst missed chance of the season.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I just watched the extended highlights on sky and I think people are being a bit harsh on Bong for the first goal. He should have done better, no doubt, but it looks like Gross was marking the leicester player, then wandered forward just before the cross came in leaving him free, Bong noticed he was free and had to adjust to cover him and was doing that when the ball came in.

perhaps he thought, gross at 5ft whatever was more than capable of marking a 6ft5 giant all by himself so decided not to bother joining in defensive duties until it was too late. Possibly

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Bong - 6 laughable, excellent performance

3.....sunday league defending for their first, missed an open goal from the corner and couldnt cross a road in the last 15 minutes. Bong often looks great until he isn't and then it costs us the game

You've said it all there, couldn't agree more. He failed to even challenge for their first goal and was lucky his push in the back to a leicester player in the box was not seen. The missed header at the end was unbelievable and his crossing of the ball was that of an under 13 player, if you can't cross, don't cross leave it to someone else. He had a poor game was comstantly out of position and relied on Dunk to cover too much for him, how he gets an 8 from some on here I dont know.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
perhaps he thought, gross at 5ft whatever was more than capable of marking a 6ft5 giant all by himself so decided not to bother joining in defensive duties until it was too late. Possibly

Or he was busy with the other leicester player that was in the box in front of him (I mean, there was more than one leicester player in the box), while Gross was behind him with the Idorra. Either way, it was a moment in which Bong was going from one player to another and the threat/dangers were changing. It wasn't like he had been stood by Iborra throughout the move and just switched off.

Incidentally, Dunk was beaten by the cross for the second goal after having one of our corners go past everyone, fall near his feet and he stepped aside to let it go across rather than swing a foot at it to take a shot from a great position. Are we going to pile in on him?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Or he was busy with the other leicester player that was in the box in front of him (I mean, there was more than one leicester player in the box), while Gross was behind him with the Idorra. Either way, it was a moment in which Bong was going from one player to another and the threat/dangers were changing. It wasn't like he had been stood by Iborra throughout the move and just switched off.

Incidentally, Dunk was beaten by the cross for the second goal after having one of our corners go past everyone, fall near his feet and he stepped aside to let it go across rather than swing a foot at it to take a shot from a great position. Are we going to pile in on him?

The irrelevant 2nd goal you mean, when the game was so stretched trying to find an equalizer........

I guess Bong doesn't have any previous for failing to adequately mark from crosses..............

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The irrelevant 2nd goal you mean, when the game was so stretched trying to find an equalizer........

I guess Bong doesn't have any previous for failing to adequately mark from crosses..............oh wait a sec

The goal that killed off any chance for a late point.

And dunk has no history for failing? Bong has a fantastic record for stopping players getting past him. One of the best in the division. No defender is perfect. But it is astounding the amount of hatred he gets. Murray misses three great opportunities, the third of which gives Leicester a confidence boost and the whole team falls apart for a short while, failing in several opportunities to stop an attack, Bong gets caught defending two players and everyone piles in on him alone for a goal that was a team failing.

There are a lot of times when a particular player deserves criticism, and some of the fans on here whine about scapegoating, I usually roll my eyes when people defnding players who deserve criticism roll out the '#blame[player]' dissmissive comments. But I'm starting to think such comments would be appropriate for some of the people attacking Bong.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

I guess Bong doesn't have any previous for failing to adequately mark from crosses..............

It looked like it was Gros that left his man, Bong drop back when he saw him free.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

And dunk has no history for failing? Bong has a fantastic record for stopping players getting past him. One of the best in the division. No defender is perfect. But it is astounding the amount of hatred he gets. Murray misses three great opportunities, the third of which gives Leicester a confidence boost and the whole team falls apart for a short while, failing in several opportunities to stop an attack, Bong gets caught defending two players and everyone piles in on him alone for a goal that was a team failing.

There are a lot of times when a particular player deserves criticism, and some of the fans on here whine about scapegoating, I usually roll my eyes when people defnding players who deserve criticism roll out the '#blame[player]' dissmissive comments. But I'm starting to think such comments would be appropriate for some of the people attacking Bong.

Agree with people failing to recognise the importance of missing glorious chances but continuing to flame defenders for mistakes. should have been 2-0 up and outta sight, then we could be celebrating staying up instead of trying to work out why we lost.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 7

Schelotto 6
Duffy 7.5
Dunk 7.5
Bong 8 MOTM

Locadia 7
Kayal 6
Propper 6.5
Izquierdo 6

Groß 7
Murray 5

March 7
Baldock 6

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Agree with people failing to recognise the importance of missing glorious chances but continuing to flame defenders for mistakes. should have been 2-0 up and outta sight, then we could be celebrating staying up instead of trying to work out why we lost.

Absolutely. For the most part we defended excellently yesterday. For all Leicester's attacking strengths we restricted them to very little until the last 10 or so. The missed pen took the wind out of us and galvanised them - simple as that really! Defenders certainly not to blame yesterday

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good post - Bong's ability to stop attackers going past him is immense............and Dunk was at fault for both Man U goals in the FA Cup game............

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 6 we let in 2
Bong 5 Dont care what he did for rest of game missed a sitter and didnt jump with scorer
Duffy 6 Surely must take responsibility for yet another goal from a cross
Dunk 7 So good on ground
Scheletto Good game dont think Bruno will be back
Kayal 7 Good game. Must be managers instructions like Stevens doesnt get forward more
Propper 7 As above
Gross 6 Know goals/assists are good but o for a Mahrez/Wiltshire type that can carry ball forward
Izquierdo 6 Too one dimentional and wrong choices
Murray 4 Sorry penalty miss and also poor effort in first half Time for a change
Locadia 6 Would be tempted to play in Gross role if we get desperate for goals

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You've said it all there, couldn't agree more. He failed to even challenge for their first goal and was lucky his push in the back to a leicester player in the box was not seen. The missed header at the end was unbelievable and his crossing of the ball was that of an under 13 player, if you can't cross, don't cross leave it to someone else. He had a poor game was comstantly out of position and relied on Dunk to cover too much for him, how he gets an 8 from some on here I dont know.

Can’t accept any credit because I didn’t agree [emoji2].

I gave him an 8, thought he played well. Having seen the goal, I would have reverted to a 7, as you have to attack the ball in that situation.

I have to say Bong has surprised me this year as I didn’t think he had the ability, but clearly he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Killed off because it was the second to last kick of the game?

Bong had a good game, but twice recently he hasn’t attacked the ball and it has cost us a goal. He was culpable, but I am surprised Kayal is getting away with criticism, after the pathetic powder-puff attempt to tackle their player, prior to the cross, just as poor in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Bong - 6 laughable, excellent performance

3.....sunday league defending for their first, missed an open goal from the corner and couldnt cross a road in the last 15 minutes. Bong often looks great until he isn't and then it costs us the game

My exact thoughts. [emoji106] Needs to keep his eyes open at both ends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
All 7, no one particularly good or bad. Except Murray who was both good and bad.

I was thinking how could we play subs to improve our goal scoring as nobody was really below par.

I decided that to Kayal off and play Schelotto in his position and put Bruno at RB would give us the best chance ??? Kayal played OK, but he does not score many goals. Neither does Schelotto but his acceleration was causing Leicester problems.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here