Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I too was of the opinion that Coventry should have been given a few more tickets. But giving them the ESU would not have been a great idea. Firstly, it’s smaller than the allocation they have been given!

The sensible thing would have been to have given them one (or ideally 2) blocks in the ESL adjacent to their current support. This would have increased there allocation from just over 4500 to either 5100 or 5800 ish.

With these extra 1300 seats out of the equation for us, and had both upper tiers been open from the beginning so more STH can secure their usual seats, then this game would have been nailed on to sell out and probably been close to it now.

There is still time for that theory to be proved entirely wrong though by us selling out the upper tiers in full

Can you segregate those 2 blocks fro the rest of ESL?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
What a total bloody shambles.

Give Coventry the entire East Stand. Entire West and North for us, and use the South as an overflow (employing the netting that thwarted the Millwall thugs if required).

Sheesh....it's not even difficult! Club gets income from ticket sales (and add-ons) from from another 4-5K Coventry fans for starters.

Totally daft to base expectations for the Cov game on the previous round versus the scum. Very different in so many ways.

ETA: I know it's too late now! But some thought and planning rather than just semi-educated guesswork would have done the trick.

Why don't we go the whole hog and move the tie to the Ricoh...?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
2,200 left in east upper - if we sell another 2,000 by Tuesday the west upper could come into play. What a set of fans we are :)
500 sold today is decent so far

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
2,200 left in east upper - if we sell another 2,000 by Tuesday the west upper could come into play. What a set of fans we are :)

Doubtless Barber will be super-spinning by now and heartily congratulating himself on his Treat 'Em Mean, Keep 'Em Keen ticket sales policy.

Not fooling many on here tho, other than maybe pavlov's lapdog [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION].

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I don't think WSU will be needed but it would be nice to see ESU well populated by the end of all this.

In a radical move the club could even publicise that some of the best seats in the house have become newly available...

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No sign the club have promoted opening esu.
Unless you signed in to buy tickets you wouldn't find out there were any decent ones available.

Doubtless Barber will be super-spinning by now and heartily congratulating himself on his Treat 'Em Mean, Keep 'Em Keen ticket sales policy.

Not fooling many on here tho, other than maybe pavlov's lapdog [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION].

I don't think WSU will be needed but it would be nice to see ESU well populated by the end of all this.

In a radical move the club could even publicise that some of the best seats in the house have become newly available...

This game could have sold better, they need to look at the whole process, could have given more tickets to the covs while letting Brighton fans with no purchase history buy. Stand by stand gives the wrong message and can force people into buying in 2nd choice areas.???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No sign the club have promoted opening esu.
Unless you signed in to buy tickets you wouldn't find out there were any decent ones available.

Plus they have never said it was sold out etc so people trying to get one now still can! If you were checking before and decided against it I dare say you would look once more.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Plus they have never said it was sold out etc so people trying to get one now still can! If you were checking before and decided against it I dare say you would look once more.

A little promotional activity on Twitter / Facebook etc might help shift a few I’d have thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here