Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Pledge to Corbyn!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think like Nicola Sturgeon, Jeremy Corbyn has actually had his high point. In the atmosphere of Brexit, offering the electorate "free" bank holidays, about 1.5% of GDP and other great giveaways to students like free tuition and "looking into" clearing all student debt, Corbyn rode the crest of a wave by trying to buy the electorate with promises that were impossible to deliver. Most people I imagine do want a fairer society but the Labour spending plan would sadly only deliver a Venezuelan fiasco and more poverty 3-5 years down the line. I think the British electorate are smart enough to realise that Corbyn would be a disaster.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think like Nicola Sturgeon, Jeremy Corbyn has actually had his high point. In the atmosphere of Brexit, offering the electorate "free" bank holidays, about 1.5% of GDP and other great giveaways to students like free tuition and "looking into" clearing all student debt, Corbyn rode the crest of a wave by trying to buy the electorate with promises that were impossible to deliver. Most people I imagine do want a fairer society but the Labour spending plan would sadly only deliver a Venezuelan fiasco and more poverty 3-5 years down the line. I think the British electorate are smart enough to realise that Corbyn would be a disaster.

I do hope so.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... I think the British electorate are smart enough to realise that Corbyn would be a disaster.

well they didn't vote him or his party into power, so demonstrated the case already.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

What is it now, if not a disaster?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Depends how you define the word disaster. If you genuinely think now is a disaster then I would need to rephrase my last sentence to "Corbyn's policies would deliver a catastrophic break down of society, plunging many more families and whole communities into extreme poverty."

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you still expecting politeness and respect from those who know your former identity?

couldnt give a f**k , youre supporting a man who gave backing to terrorists who murdered people , you know it , i know it but youll carry on fooling a few people with your emperors new clothes argument that he was trying to promote peace.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Depends how you define the word disaster. If you genuinely think now is a disaster then I would need to rephrase my last sentence to "Corbyn's policies would deliver a catastrophic break down of society, plunging many more families and whole communities into extreme poverty."

Maybe we need 5 years of a Corbyn lead administration in this country to finally put these momentum dinosaurs to bed forever? Thinking mans collateral damage maybe.

Him IC in the new post Brexit era wouldn’t be comfortable for him and his Momentum buddies, they have know experience be held accountable and would start eating each other up within a year like the rats that they are.

Me I’d vote for a Centre Left Party all day long, what a shame there isn’t one!!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
couldnt give a f**k , youre supporting a man who gave backing to terrorists who murdered people , you know it , i know it but youll carry on fooling a few people with your emperors new clothes argument that he was trying to promote peace.

And arms supplied by this country to the terrorist supporting Saudis continue to slaughter thousands of innocents in the Yemen. Plenty of outrage to go round.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And arms supplied by this country to the terrorist supporting Saudis continue to slaughter thousands of innocents in the Yemen. Plenty of outrage to go round.

so youre not attempting to deny it then ? just deflect , the yemen question is a totally different matter , i genuinely dont know enough about it , i tend to be concerned about issues that affect this country first , like terrorists bombing hotels trying to kill the government , im funny like that

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011

This government is, objectively, far further to the right than Corbyn's Labour is to the left. If you can't, won't, or don't see that, you have a very limited understanding of what right-wing and left-wing actually mean (I suspect you see it only in terms of social issues).

You need to stop looking at this in terms of party and start thinking about it in terms of governing philosophy. We've been governed by the same hard-right economic philosophy since the 1980s, and it's a philosophy that before that was (rightly imo) regarded as the lunatic fringe of hard-right thinking.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
so youre not attempting to deny it then ? just deflect , the yemen question is a totally different matter , i genuinely dont know enough about it , i tend to be concerned about issues that affect this country first , like terrorists bombing hotels trying to kill the government , im funny like that

Sorry if I seemed to deflect. I was trying to make the point that there are all sorts of things that depend on your viewpoint. I’ve met Corbyn, I believe him to be a man of integrity. So when he says what his motivation was I believe him. Even if I might disagree with his action, I believe his intentions to have been good. You don’t. Each to his own.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm not surprised the Tories are scared stiff of Momentum. The way they mobilised thousands of previously politically disengaged young people to knock doors in seats Labour viewed as lost causes was a massive story at the last election. The worst thing for the Tories is that these people saw the impact that their engagement had in the last campaign so the numbers of people on the ground is only going to increase when they get the chance again.

Contrast that with the expenses dodgy battle buses (2015) and call centres (2017) employed by the Tories becuase they don't have people on the ground. Add in the social media war where the Tories paid eye watering sums for exposure Labour got for free. People power is very expensive if you haven't got it.

Additionally, the young Tory response to Momentum, Engage is laughably amateur.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sorry if I seemed to deflect. I was trying to make the point that there are all sorts of things that depend on your viewpoint. I’ve met Corbyn, I believe him to be a man of integrity. So when he says what his motivation was I believe him. Even if I might disagree with his action, I believe his intentions to have been good. You don’t. Each to his own.

Did you ask him why he voted against the Anglo Irish Agreement (vital step in the peace process) and what the intentions of his right-hand man (McDonnell) were when he said

“It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle.

“It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table.

“The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands, we now have a peace process.”

I'm not sure what level of naivety or stupidity is needed to not understand a certain element on the far left were fully behind the Republican cause at worst cheering them on at best making mealy mouthed excuses.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Did you ask him why he voted against the Anglo Irish Agreement (vital step in the peace process) and what the intentions of his right-hand man (McDonnell) were when he said

“It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle.

“It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table.

“The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA. Because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands, we now have a peace process.”

I'm not sure what level of naivety or stupidity is needed to not understand a certain element on the far left were fully behind the Republican cause at worst cheering them on at best making mealy mouthed excuses.

I do understand it. It’s a position, an opinion, it differs from yours.

Why do you right wingers constantly feel the need to be rude and belittling in your posts? It’s almost as though you don’t believe that your arguments are sufficiently persuasive. Are you as disagreeable in real life?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I do understand it. It’s a position, an opinion, it differs from yours.

Why do you right wingers constantly feel the need to be rude and belittling in your posts? It’s almost as though you don’t believe that your arguments are sufficiently persuasive. Are you as disagreeable in real life?

It's a contemptible position that deserves condemnation and calling out not mealy-mouthed acquiescence. It's not about right or left it's about universal standards we should all expect from our politicians no matter the party.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

exactly [MENTION=5001]The Merry Prankster[/MENTION] knows full well that Corbyn and mcdonnell supported the IRA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here