Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thumbs - do you monitor?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I barely monitor them at all, other than maintaining an Excel workbook in which I record each Thumbs Up I receive, who has given it and the broad topic of the post. I then use this data to create a series of Pivot Charts, graphs and tables that I present to my family on a weekly basis - usually between 7-9pm on Sundays , although this can be flexible - with the opportunity for questions and answers afterwards.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Er, that's the first thing I said: "How many you give out will be affected by your personality"

Sorry I misread in the heat of battle.

Tbh I've just helped a friend out and she's shat on me so I'm rethinking my giving strategy. Plus I've helped some homeless people financially too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tbh I've just helped a friend out and she's shat on me
I assume you don't mean in a kinky sex way. You did the right thing, your friend was shit, move on. But don't let that stop you being nice to your other friends.

Plus I've helped some homeless people financially too.
They'd better pay you back or there'll be hell to pay!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
How many you give out will be affected by your personality, and whether you're in tune with the rest of the shit posted here. How many you receive will be down to how funny/interesting etc everyone else finds your posts - whether they're in tune with your shit.

To deliberately not give out thumbs up because you don't receive as many is really ****ing weird.

Yeah, that doesn't explain it. Some people don't post much, and when they agree with someone they might just choose to give the post a quick thumbing - they're obviously not going to receive as many as they give.

If you're not receiving enough thumbage whitelion, instead of being petty, throwing your toys out the pram and taking your ball home, how about you up your game and post something interesting?

Well it's got people talking o wise one.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I barely monitor them at all, other than maintaining an Excel workbook in which I record each Thumbs Up I receive, who has given it and the broad topic of the post. I then use this data to create a series of Pivot Charts, graphs and tables that I present to my family on a weekly basis - usually between 7-9pm on Sundays , although this can be flexible - with the opportunity for questions and answers afterwards.

Yeah I'm the same. I do a similar sort of analysis and presentation, plus of course I don't sleep wondering why a post hasn't received any thumbs. Did I phrase it wrong? Was it too opaque? Too insulting? Too bland? Or just too boring? And if so does that mean I'm boring?

So yeah, I'm not interested in them either.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Jeez lads/lasses it's Friday - lighten up....

200.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it's got people talking o wise one.
Like you say, international break. We'll talk about anything anyway, most of us avoiding work I imagine (or skipping school again in the case of some of the nutters here).

And while discussing it (and admiring Bry's relaxed attitude to the whole thing) is one thing, you have to admit that not giving thumbs up for a while to redress balance is ****ed up.

It's like saying thank you to passing motorists. It does mildly irritate me when I let someone out/give way when I don't need to, and they don't raise their hand in thanks, but that doesn't mean I won't thank the next person who gives way to me. I now picture you with a notepad on the passenger seat, keeping track of how many people have/haven't thanked you, and adjusting your behaviour to suit. Next time someone doesn't thank me, I'll imagine it's you trying to balance yin and yang.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Like you say, international break. We'll talk about anything anyway, most of us avoiding work I imagine (or skipping school again in the case of some of the nutters here).

And while discussing it (and admiring Bry's relaxed attitude to the whole thing) is one thing, you have to admit that not giving thumbs up for a while to redress balance is ****ed up.

It's like saying thank you to passing motorists. It does mildly irritate me when I let someone out/give way when I don't need to, and they don't raise their hand in thanks, but that doesn't mean I won't thank the next person who gives way to me. I now picture you with a notepad on the passenger seat, keeping track of how many people have/haven't thanked you, and adjusting your behaviour to suit. Next time someone doesn't thank me, I'll imagine it's you trying to balance yin and yang.
:fishing: whoosh. ....

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I think the question and answer session is taking it to ridiculous extremes. Other than that it's probably pretty much what everyone else does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here