Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Herr Tubthumper's offizielle WeltMeister Endrunde Gewinde ***

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Right that's me signing off from this world cup, certainly the best in my lifetime, so many memories I will treasure forever. Well done to the Germans and here's to an England tournament victory in Russia :thumbsup:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just back from the beach. What a great place to watch the World Cup Final. A brilliant atmosphere, and balmy weather, and from where I was sat that was a great game. Germany are deserved winners, and I am very pleased for them. I'm just sad it's over - this has been the best World Cup that I can remember, and I've been watching since 1970.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's been a good WC but I'm not getting the best in a long time vibe personally, preferred both 1990 and 2002 myself and possibly 1994 too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, wow, wow. It's 2am and the streets are full and it's very NOISY

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was a very exciting World Cup, the best team won but - Germany apart - a shortage of real quality sides. It was good to see Holland returning to their skilful ways of old, Costa Rica added some romance but Spain, Italy, England and Portugal need to have a rethink.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also, something makes me think Herr is about 5 minutes away from exploding !!

Ha. Yes, I did explode as did the entire bar. Just got back home. A totally amazing evening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As most of you know I have followed this squad for some time now. I've not only been a fan of the players and the German style of play but a huge advocate of the joined up thinking, planning and strategy the DFB and Bundesliga put in place back in 2004; I'm so pleased this has been rewarded with the ultimate trophy as they fully deserve it.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We will never, ever win the World Cup unless we do what they did in 2000 and start all over again from the bottom, the gap is only going to widen unfortunately.

Very true sadly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was glad to see Germany winning with a pressing, high tempo, counter-attacking game. The sort that I think suits us (England) too, more than the keep ball game our players/pundits have been calling for, for over a decade.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was glad to see Germany winning with a pressing, high tempo, counter-attacking game. The sort that I think suits us (England) too, more than the keep ball game our players/pundits have been calling for, for over a decade.

I do not agree with your assessment here. They have many elements to their game which they use to great affect. And they do keep the ball, they are very good at this in fact. The 2nd half of the French game was closed out because of this. They kept the ball for long periods last night. Their game is based on their ability to keep the ball and their great ball control and technique in zipping it around to their team mates. This latter point underpins everything they do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair enough.

I think I see where you're coming from, that the 'German way' is more appropriate than the 'Spanish way', but I feel it is a lot more than saying it's a 'pressing, high-tempo' game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here