Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If We Qualified For Europe . . . .

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Would you still say yes if we drew Kairat Almaty? Of course you would, you say, without considering that it’s a stone’s throw of 4,245.7 miles from Brighton in deepest, darkest Kazakhstan situated somewhere between Afghanistan and Mongolia.

For those of you still up for it, think of the loyalty points! :drink:

Think how many hours it would take to commute that by Coach!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hope we don't qualify too soon. If I had the time off work and the fees to purchase a ticket then I'd love to go

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Worst thing that could happen to us in the short to medium term. Look what it did to Burnley?

Turned it into a 'orrible town oop north?

We're not Burnley, though. CH would handle it; don't reckon it's likely for a season or two though, and then almost certainly by accidentally winning the League Cup (or whatever it'll be called then)!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Depends if it’s not raining and if the train stops right outside the ground because I need to leave early .

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A group of the following please:

Sunny, Mediterranean climates - Malaga or AC Milan
Good beer / culture - 1860 Munich / Hertha Berlin, something like that
An Eastern European city - FC Riga

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes, especially if it was as far East as the example given by OP!

Wouldn't bother with a UK game in the streets of Total Network Solutions etc. though.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
In 2 European campaigns with Bolton, I had 3 nights in each of Bulgaria, Belgrade, Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Marseilles, Munich & Istanbul & they were all fantastic experiences. I was at Scarboro, Torquay etc in Division 4, & no doubt it would be the same for any of you who did Withdean & Gillingham, in that there is a real sense of pride in seeing your town team playing in Europe. If ever you get chance, do it.

On the down side, there was always a feeling that it could be the high water mark & you could only go down from there !!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I've been on some great Europa League group and preliminary round trips. Luxemburg, Split, Istanbul, Budapest, Dublin, Moscow - we should embrace it if it happens.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A few years ago I was in Seville (just checked - May 2003) and the place was teeming with Celtic fans who were there for the UEFA Cup Final v Porto......certainly got me thinking...........

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
How would you get Brighton and Hove Albion v Borusia Munchengladback Europa League 2019 2020 on to a half and half scarf?

Actually a half and half with Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club vs The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid Football Club Europa League 2019 2020 might be a bit longer

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Of course most will say yes until they find out:

It's on a Thursday,
The club aren't including travel in the ticket price,
It not PotG,
There's no tea included with the posh seats,
You can't buy a junior ticket and transfer it to adult,
Transport constraints mean you need to stay until the end

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
How would you get Brighton and Hove Albion v Borusia Munchengladback Europa League 2019 2020 on to a half and half scarf?

bd2b3b837f366a3d4f945b651239948dda9e7252.jpg

like this...but in blue obviously

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Of course most will say yes until they find out:

It's on a Thursday,
The club aren't including travel in the ticket price,
It not PotG,
There's no tea included with the posh seats,
You can't buy a junior ticket and transfer it to adult,
Transport constraints mean you need to stay until the end

In my experience you don't have much choice but to stay till the end of games in Europe because they keep you locked in for a while after the game. When Bolton won in Belgrade, I was willing to put up with it :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here