Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomori

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Been watching the Soton v Derby replay tonight and he’s been superb. Out of all the loans we’ve had over the last few years he’s the one that stands out that I’d happily welcome back.

Lingard?

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Was a very underrated part of our promotion push that season when Duffy(?) went down for a few games and he and Uwe had to partner and provide back up to Dunk.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Didn't be drop a howler on debut and get dog's abuse on here before a few solid performances resulting him being described as a legend?

It takes some of our permanent signings months to do that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He was great at Brighton but he wouldn't get game time here so no way Chelsea would let him go on loan to sit on the bench

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He was great at Brighton but he wouldn't get game time here so no way Chelsea would let him go on loan to sit on the bench

I think what others are suggesting is that we should buy him. I have a great deal of sympathy for this position, especially if he can still play right back.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's 21, and seemed like he'd pass the 'no dickheads'.

Would love us to try and get him, and would surely count towards the homegrown quota given his youth career was spent in England.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
When he was on loan to us he was playing for a top end Championship club. Now, he's playing for, err, a top end Championship club. Has he not improved in the last 2/3 seasons (I forget precisely when we had him)?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was very keen for us to make the deal permanent, he was terrific when he stepped in. I had the right willies when we lost D&D for a few games, but I needn't have worried, Tomori slotted right in and was very assured. Considering he's not all that imposing, he was brilliant in the air and rarely lost an aerial challenge. England U21 regular. He'd be a shrewd investment for any club IMO, his value is only going to go up.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's 21, and seemed like he'd pass the 'no dickheads'.

Would love us to try and get him, and would surely count towards the homegrown quota given his youth career was spent in England.

Joined Chelsea at under-8 level. Definitely a hgp.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was very keen for us to make the deal permanent, he was terrific when he stepped in. I had the right willies when we lost D&D for a few games, but I needn't have worried, Tomori slotted right in and was very assured. Considering he's not all that imposing, he was brilliant in the air and rarely lost an aerial challenge. He'd be a shrewd investment for any club IMO, his value is only going to go up.

How much would they want for him?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When he was on loan to us he was playing for a top end Championship club. Now, he's playing for, err, a top end Championship club. Has he not improved in the last 2/3 seasons (I forget precisely when we had him)?

He played for us in the promotion season. Looks like he's now a regular starter, so that might constitute improvement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here