Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
11.45pm and it’s 45 to 45 - I think that sums up the whole problem! :lolol:

Oh I don’t know, its only page 5 and we have had cretin, prat, morons, scum, gammon, little shits, stupid, and Liberal…….might be a wider issue than cant decide going on.:thumbsup:
Some people are just angry little men in general

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I refuse to vote in a poll where one section are called cretins. A cretin is a baby with brain damage due to a malfunctioning thyroid gland.

Absolutely agree with this. Insults and abuse are unacceptable in the Brexit debate.

Try telling that to some of those calling out people as swivel-eyed loons on the Brexit thread though!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The problem is that those who voted for Remain, the 48% were very clear on what they wanted. Those who voted to leave all had their own flavour of Brexit in mind
Absolute twaddle! Complete remainer unjustified superiority complex. Leavers voted to leave because we wanted to leave the EU. That's too hard for you to understand, so you're in denial.

But that's your problem, not leavers'.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Absolutely agree with this. Insults and abuse are unacceptable in the Brexit debate.

Try telling that to some of those calling out people as swivel-eyed loons on the Brexit thread though!
Hopefully you've also stopped using the pathetic "remoaner" insult. Good stuff. [emoji106]

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Strangely Cretin comes from the Latin, Christianus, meaning human. Originally to remind people that people suffering from this thyroid problem are human and not beasts.
But absolutely not acceptable in any form.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How ironic - 52 % Leave, 48% Remain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hopefully you've also stopped using the pathetic "remoaner" insult. Good stuff. [emoji106]

Only to those who are exactly that. I know lots of people who voted remain, and I don't call them remoaners.

However, those that have used any of the following words in pouring their petty scorn on everybody who voted to leave, stereotyping 17.4M people who happen to disagree with them, just out of malice and spite: thick, old, racist, right-wing, swivel-eyed loons, little Englander, etc. - they have no leg to stand on. They obviously side with the amplified potty-mouthed rants of the likes of (not even British) Bob Geldoff. They are beyond contempt, and remoaner is quite apposite for the likes of them.

Decent people who want to remain in the EU are, to my mind, wrong, but entitled to have their view respected. So, are you an ordinary person who (sadly) wants to remain in the EU, or a fervent supporter of such potty-mouths as Geldoff and a few others on NSC? And who, specifically, do you think has been called a remoaner without them being exactly that?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ok.

Although of the people I know who voted leave (quite a lot, I'm not in a bubble in Sheffield) NONE want no deal apart from the really, really stupid ones or the pensioners who it wouldn't affect in the long (or short) run anyway.

And I don't mean (really really) stupid because of how they voted. I mean mouth breathing morons who have no idea about anything and get their politics from The Sun and Jeremy Kyle.

.........and you never hurl out insults at leavers, eh? And then you're oh so .... SO ,,,,, touchy about people being called remoaners?

Wow! Staggers bag in amazement. Just :facepalm: wow!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
.........and you never hurl out insults at leavers, eh? And then you're oh so .... SO ,,,,, touchy about people being called remoaners?

Wow! Staggers bag in amazement. Just :facepalm: wow!
I know you always get a bit excited on these threads but really, calm down dear.

Where did I use an insult against people who voted leave? I specifically pointed out a type of person I was describing, and specifically mentioned that it was the only type of person I'd met who held a certain view (well, apart from some old people, and not all old people as I know lots who don't think that and.... Oh ffs).

I'm not touchy about anyone saying anything as long as they can back it up. Just thought it was funny that you were bringing up the use of sad, childish insults when you're one of the biggest culprits.

It's also unsuited to your general posting style and intelligence as I've said before. You just seem to get a bit red mist as soon as Brexit rears its ugly head.

As you were. X

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What if we had a referendum on wether to have a second referendum? :shootself

Whatever that would cost (logistically) would be chump change compared to the carnage of leaving with no deal. I think a second referendum, now everyone knows a damned sight more than they did, would be very democratic.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I voted to stay but we have to follow the democratic decision wether we like it or not
So you'll never bother voting on anything else again then? Just stick with how it is because people voted for it a while ago and the majority thought it was ok at the time? That's not democracy.

Amazes me how many people must actually have been listening to Theresa May and thinking "yeah, well she's got a point on that 'will of the people' thing". Instead of "shut up you stupid ****, you're just trying to save your own job".

Meh.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I voted to stay but we have to follow the democratic decision wether we like it or not

Exactly, well said.
And if after we have left and at some future point a referendum was held to rejoin the EU and rejoin won,then that democratic decision should be honoured and concluded as well,
Its how a democracy functions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here