Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positives from today?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Playing Liverpool at the moment, I'd say that was a positive.

Best thing to me was that at no time did we look like we should be in a different division, even playing against one of the most dangerous teams in Europe.
This is the way to view our progress this season. We are already giving top teams a good game and occasionally beating team like Man U, Everton, drawing with Arsenal ECT. We are not a pushover and if we can improve our attacking play, which we have started to with the gradual introduction of Locadia and Andone, we can start to compete with the top teams. Remarkable considering our dramatic rise in recent years.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Positives

Bong was excellent

Button played well

Klopp at no point thought it was an easy 3 points in the bag

We are playing against teams such as Liverpool not Lincoln or Leyton Orient

Locadia looks the business

D&D are a simply outstanding partnership

We have a more positive approach then earlier in the season

We don’t need to make any 1st team purchases this window

Negatives

We lost

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Last season was 5-1 and today they needed a pen to beat us -shows our improvement.

Agreed. they absolutely tonked us last year - home and away. This season it's been two narrow 1-0 defeats and both times we could have got something.

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Another positive is the whole squad will be upbeat heading to the Prawn cocktail arena next weekend . . . . And hopefully come home with a point. Or 3.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Salah on his hands and knees giving thanks to his god, after scoring a vital penalty against little ole Brighton.

Though I think he does that with most teams to be fair.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
We don't have to play Liverpool again this season.

This, and not because it's Liverpool, more to do with their die hard super fans that populate the King and Queen who probably saw them play live for the first time yesterday, who couldn't pick out Liverpool on a map and will take the piss out of Albion supporters for supporting a team that isn't winning the league depot the fact I've propbaly been to Anfield more than they have, the grand total of once.

Twunts the lot of them.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Salah on his hands and knees giving thanks to his god, after scoring a vital penalty against little ole Brighton.

So he really thinks that some god is the slightest bit interested in his game of football. Remarkable.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well I thought we looked solid. Kept a free scoring Liverpool team down to 1 goal which is a feat many more have failed to do. If only we had some pace upfront instead of Muzza and Gross

wealdgull

Dec 7, 2017
This ball to Gross early in the second half was absolutely sublime.

A bit late to the party, but here it is:

locadia.gif

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Beautiful. Swiches the play and takes the whole Liverpool defence out with a perfectly executed piece of vision. I love the way that left back is all over the place. Just a shame Gross couldn't take it on his chest or alternatively cushion his header a little more.

Bodes extremely well for the future.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A bit late to the party, but here it is:

View attachment 103761

Hit that from almost in front of where we sit.....

..what the f......actually....wow, what a ball.....FFS Pascal....

Outstanding delivery. There is a very intelligent footballer in there. Even in the ‘flamed by NSC’ days, he was showing enough good stuff. In particular his running off the ball is exceptional - and seems like the rest are starting to get on his wavelength. He’s going to prove to be a fantastic signing.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Beautiful. Swiches the play and takes the whole Liverpool defence out with a perfectly executed piece of vision. I love the way that left back is all over the place. Just a shame Gross couldn't take it on his chest or alternatively cushion his header a little more.

Bodes extremely well for the future.

It's a wonder Gross got his head to it. He normally ducks. Must be practising headers in training.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hit that from almost in front of where we sit.....

..what the f......actually....wow, what a ball.....FFS Pascal.....

Kicking the ball straight at me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here