Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] O/T Team for Liverpool

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels like NSC needs a reminder of this weekends main event.
So for those of you still going, what's your team?

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Starting 11 as at West Ham but Andone, Knockhaert in for Murray and Gross. Lets hit their back four with a dynamic forward line as the defence it will be as weakest part of the Liverpool side. I would love to see us have a real go at this. Its a punt to nothing and the Liverpool confidence could faulter if we get an early goal. No doubt about it even with the injuries this is a very good Liverpool side. We could still receive a good tonking but we don't need anything from it so lets have a pop!

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If CH starts with the failing Murray experiment, I'll have exactly 1 hour to distance myself from all the #BeatingTeamsLikeLiverpool posts I've made over the last week.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
........................ Button .........................

Montoya ... Duffy ... Dunk .... Bernardo

............. Stephens ... Propper .............

Knockaert ...... Bissouma ....... March

...................... Andone .......................

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Starting 11 as at West Ham but Andone, Knockhaert in for Murray and Gross. Lets hit their back four with a dynamic forward line as the defence it will be as weakest part of the Liverpool side. I would love to see us have a real go at this. Its a punt to nothing and the Liverpool confidence could faulter if we get an early goal. No doubt about it even with the injuries this is a very good Liverpool side. We could still receive a good tonking but we don't need anything from it so lets have a pop!

I think you'll find the defence is possibly the strongest part of their team. That said I think your suggestion gives us our best chance against it. Should be an absolute belter of a game, cannot wait!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lets hit their back four with a dynamic forward line as the defence it will be as weakest part of the Liverpool side. I would love to see us have a real go at this.

They've conceded 10 goals in 21 games. :lolol:

I was hoping that wasn't their weakest part! :albion2:

wealdgull

Dec 7, 2017

____________________ Button ____________________

Montoya ______ Duffy ________ Dunk ______ Bernardo

________ Pröpper ________________ Stephens _______

___________________ Bissouma ___________________

Kockaert ____________ Andone _____________ Locadia

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Here’s what I would do. Players selected and justification for selection below

Button – Haven’t seen enough of either to form an opinion that Steele should play instead of him

Bruno – To link in with Knocky
Bong – Not confident Bernardo will be fit
Duffy – He’s good
Dunk – He’s good as well

Stephens – Our best holding mid and we’ll need him and Propper to pick up the numerous runs between the lines and break up counter attacks
Propper – As above
Knocky – If he’s on form he can hurt them
March – Better at helping the full back than Jurgen

Gross – Set pieces and link play

Andone – I don’t not choose Murray lightly, but if the Liverpool backline is unfit and untested and we know they like to knock it around at the back, we need someone who can hassle them into a mistake

4-4-1-1 – I think 4-3-3 largely depends on playing marauding full backs. 4-4-1-1 allows our wingers to help out in defence more and represents a better chance in big 6 games than 4-3-3

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8732079 said:
........................ Button .........................

Montoya ... Duffy ... Dunk .... Bernardo

............. Stephens ... Propper .............

Knockaert ...... Bissouma ....... March

...................... Andone .......................

I’d like to see exactly that team. Two wingers who can also defend well and Bissouma as the wild card with plenty of defensive support around him. I think him and Propper could strike up a good understanding, both very talented with an eye for the flair ball.

Reluctant to drop Locadia but for this game we will be mostly defending and relying on quick breaks and this team could do that whilst being very capable of rearguard action. Andone will be in their faces, giving them no time to play around at the back either.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Montoya ______ Duffy ________ Dunk ______ Bernardo

This but I would start Steele! He looked a lot more confident and Button looks like a accident waiting to happen to me!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Montoya ______ Duffy ________ Dunk ______ Bong

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

I agree with all of this, but maybe if we score early we will make them angry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here