Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernado fernandes

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lost the ball in danger areas in danger areas at least 3 or 4 times in danger area by overplaying, including the first goal.

Hughton will hate that and he’s got to cut that out otherwise Bong will be back. Worth recalling the extragant praise the Greyhound got for the victory over the Arse a year ago.

Bernardo is a fantastic sight attacking without doubt

Agree with all of this.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Cut out the little mistakes he has in him and he’ll be as good if not better than the best left back I’ve seen at the club, namely Wayne bridge

He cuts out the little mistakes he has in him and he's a top 6 left back so lets not wish him away too quickly!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He was the 7th fastest player in Germany. What a player we have.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Lost the ball in danger areas in danger areas at least 3 or 4 times in danger area by overplaying, including the first goal.

Hughton will hate that and he’s got to cut that out otherwise Bong will be back. Worth recalling the extragant praise the Greyhound got for the victory over the Arse a year ago.

I think most of the defence could be blamed for first goal.. does makes mistakes but recovers brilliantly.

Bernardo is significantly better than Scheletto. Better at defending and more constructive coming forward. Been MOTM twice recently and could have got it again tonight.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm a fan. He's raw but has huge potential and is improving at a rapid rate. He's getting more solid defensively, gets forward well, has tremendous pace and does some flair little moves. He does however make a number of mistakes each game. When he cuts them (mostly) out of his game he's going to be a hell of a player.

Him, Andone and Bissouma are the pick of the new signings so far.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Absolute quality- BUT their goal was partially down to his decision making.

Maybe I’m kicking against the NSC mood tonight but we were disgraceful in the first 20 minutes and my son’s under 12s would have been taken to task for that first goal - and it’s a back four, not a back three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disagree Balagon should of let it go for a throw to us.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

He really reminds me of the greyhound - his electric pace and enthusiasm for bounding forward. The one difference would be he looks like he has a footballing brain.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Loved the way he steamed back to get the ball after he had made a mistake that put Arsenal in a great attacking position.

Pace and skill and he’s a young Brazilian too, who’d have thunk we’d get a player like that at the Albion, even a couple of years ago.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Loved the way he steamed back to get the ball after he had made a mistake that put Arsenal in a great attacking position.

Pace and skill and he’s a young Brazilian too, who’d have thunk we’d get a player like that at the Albion, even a couple of years ago.

Agree. Seriously think this lad is destined for great things. Bridge was great, but Bernardo for me is the best left back I’ve seen for the club.

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
A bit of Bernado:

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Have to wonder why we had to wait for so long to see him.
No more points being dropped due to the blatant weakness that was #Bong.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Absolute quality- BUT their goal was partially down to his decision making.

Maybe I’m kicking against the NSC mood tonight but we were disgraceful in the first 20 minutes and my son’s under 12s would have been taken to task for that first goal - and it’s a back four, not a back three.

After 20 minutes, our entire formation played 5 yards further up the pitch. As they say. Not rocket science and now time to believe that we have the ability to continue doing just that. We have improved and evolved.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
After 20 minutes, our entire formation played 5 yards further up the pitch. As they say. Not rocket science and now time to believe that we have the ability to continue doing just that. We have improved and evolved.

That's what I feel as well.

Let's hope we keep that 5 or ten yards and stay consistently competitive.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
He was superb today, love how keen he is to get forward.

A mention for Balogun as well, I thought he was excellent again today. Shame we don't play three at the back! As I think there's not much to choose between him, Dunk and Duffy.

Balogun is a strange player, looks a great center back 95% of the match but makes a mistake a game that leads to a goal. Didnt pick up his man v MU, rash tackle on Zaha for Palace pen, shocking pass v Chelsea, didnt close down Brooks v Bournemouth and failed to clear the ball yesterday. Imagine if Bong had that catalogue of errors!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that generally he is getting better game by game BUT he appeared to be targeted by Arsenal at the start of the game as our weak link and was partially at fault for their goal but he got his head down and improved as the game wore on. In time he may prove to be better than Wayne Bridge and Jimmy Langley but not as yet as good as those two.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes -for the first 20 minutes yesterday as well as the first half during the Chelsea match, I kept shouting -just get at them. And lo and behold, we start to get them rattled, the confidence improves markedly, and we start to realise that we can be just as good on the day. Great point yesterday and I am hopeful that at the very least we won't lose on Saturday. . .and the teams at the bottom keep losing . .

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Yea I didn't realise at the time that it was his tackle for the penalty against Palace. I agree, he definately makes mistakes but seems to make up for it with some commanding displays. He played very well against Palace, and of course got the goal as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here